Coronavirus (2021) thread

ayrshire_blue

The government have a decision to make and will get criticised from 2 different sides for 1/ Not ending the lockdown soon enough and 2/ Ending the lockdown too soon. I'm not suggesting that whatever they decide will be correct but it is indeed a thankless task which will face masses of criticism for whatever they do (or don't do). I have sympathy in this respect.

Alan Harper's Tash

ahh. In that case. I take it back and blame Alan Harper’s tash !

Apologies. It’s 3.8 weeks of schooling before Easter.

In the grand scheme of things, I do feel that opening up for 19 days will set us back more than the kids would suffer.

I do understand it’s a tough decision and their are positives and negatives, but we’re nearly there.

One last effort to get beyond Easter and millions more vaccines will save countless lives.

Ste1969

I work as a Pastoral manager at a school and I can honestly say that it is highly unlikely that most of the staff will have had the vaccine before the opening of schools.
That is disappointing with schools opening soon, surely teachers are priority for vaccination.

Tonster

Apologies. It’s 3.8 weeks of schooling before Easter.

In the grand scheme of things, I do feel that opening up for 19 days will set us back more than the kids would suffer.

I do understand it’s a tough decision and their are positives and negatives, but we’re nearly there.

One last effort to get beyond Easter and millions more vaccines will save countless lives.
Difference is this time schools are operating around 50% capacity already. Teachers are in school teaching classes every day since January. Our school has 330 pupils, first lockdown there were 30 kids in, this time 176 are in. This isn’t untypical. So getting the rest in shouldn’t cause huge spikes like it did in September. Plus by Mar 8th we’ll have vaccines done for around 23 million (virtually every body over 60 and those at most risk).

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.