Coronavirus (2021) thread

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
My Mrs volunteered at the Etihad on Saturday,she was informed on arrival that her reward for doing so was the vaccination.

Don't get me wrong,i am very happy she has had it,but i was a bit taken back when she told me,as her circumstances would otherwise dictate she is very much at the back of the queue.

It just doesnt sit right with me if this is a policy......when millions of key workers who should be receiving it as a priority,are still some months off.
If she's volunteering with people turning up to be vaccinated, then she could be a risk to those if she isn't vacinated herself, but it's three weeks before she would be "safe" to others, so there is still some doubt about that policy unless she is tested daily.

FantasyIreland

If she's volunteering with people turning up to be vaccinated, then she could be a risk to those if she isn't vacinated herself, but it's three weeks before she would be "safe" to others, so there is still some doubt about that policy unless she is tested daily.
Exactly,it seems bizarre.

toffee balls

It’s a very sad day personally as my dad lost his 3 week fight against covid today, we are very fortunate to of been allowed in today, oxygen reduced and morphine given, he passed as Sterling scored bizarrely as the notification appeared on my phone, a blue through and through and a sorely missed father and grandfather and unfortunately a stat for tomorrow, sleep well my dad, I love you.
Thoughts are with you fella.

Gabriel

My Mrs volunteered at the Etihad on Saturday,she was informed on arrival that her reward for doing so was the vaccination.

Don't get me wrong,i am very happy she has had it,but i was a bit taken back when she told me,as her circumstances would otherwise dictate she is very much at the back of the queue.

It just doesnt sit right with me if this is a policy......when millions of key workers who should be receiving it as a priority,are still some months off.
Why not? I’d imagine some shots are not taken and it’s administratively unfeasible to have others on standby and call them. Far easier to vaccinate her and every shot at the Etihad is a positive.

Tim of the Oak

Let’s just be grateful for the people volunteering at the vaccine centres. If they get the vaccine, good for them. As we know, there are a large number of no shows at the Etihad so there are enough vaccinations to go round for priority groups and volunteers.

Blue Maverick

It might be simplistic, but bring forward the easter school holidays, and then get them back in school on 6th April, the day after easter Monday.
Been saying this for weeks, why go back for a few weeks, doesn’t matter to anyone when the easter holidays are we can’t go anywhere

blue b4 the moon

Been saying this for weeks, why go back for a few weeks, doesn’t matter to anyone when the easter holidays are we can’t go anywhere
I'd go further and make the summer 6 week holiday 2 weeks (2 weeks of choice during the 6 week period including teachers) special times means special measures.

Doing that they could hold fire going back til Easter.

Mike N

30 people in a class all day is safer than two people meeting outdoors. Makes perfect sense to me.

Gabriel

30 people in a class all day is safer than two people meeting outdoors. Makes perfect sense to me.
Find it rather odd that caution is being stressed yet all schools are apparently to open simultaneously; would have thought a staggered approach would have been more cautious. They’ve presumably not stopped being ‘vectors of transmission’.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.