Coronavirus (2021) thread

Nellies left peg

I agree,if the shots are otherwise going to waste.

I just find it a little perverse that people who arent a priority are 'backdooring' it while those that should be are having to wait.
My missus has got her vaccine on Saturday but they won't do me as her full time carer, so I asked for a late as possible appointment and will cheekily ask if there's any left over

MillionMilesAway

Teachers is tricky:
In December, in the press conference announcing regulation of the AZ vaccine, the JCVI specifically said their recommendation was that teachers be vaccinated higher up the ladder.

This morning:
Asked about how the under-50s will be prioritised, he told BBC Breakfast: “The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) are looking at that and we will absolutely follow what they recommend.
“The recommendation for phase one has been correct because it’s based on clinical assessment of who is most vulnerable to be hospitalised or have serious infection and sadly death in some cases.
“So we’ll go back to the JCVI and they will make that recommendation and we will follow that recommendation.”

roubaixtuesday

Team supported
City
A bit more detail on that Scottish study from the beeb.

If the detail backs up the headlines, this is absolutely wonderful news. Far more important than whatever Johnson announces.

roubaixtuesday

Team supported
City
A bit more detail on that Scottish study from the beeb.

If the detail backs up the headlines, this is absolutely wonderful news. Far more important than whatever Johnson announces.

And the press release on which all the reporting is based.

No actual scientific paper or formal report yet.

PannickAtTheDisco

And the press release on which all the reporting is based.

No actual scientific paper or formal report yet.

in that case, vaccines are effective by a million billion percent, but can cause you to hoot like an owl.

I don't have a scientific paper or formal report yet either.

Nellies left peg

Bit suprising, I suppose anecdotal evidence you see when your out and about can make you think otherwise

It would be the strictest lockdown if everyone adhered to it. The lockdown conditions may be the strictest but is the conformation of it being followed therefore making it strict. I doubt that.

roubaixtuesday

Team supported
City
in that case, vaccines are effective by a million billion percent, but can cause you to hoot like an owl.

I don't have a scientific paper or formal report yet either.

Not really.

It's a trustworthy source - public health Scotland. Two reputable universities are involved.

You can read the paper describing the pre-planned analysis linked from that press release (this is really important because it prevents cherry picking after the data is known).

There's a hierarchy of knowledge here, and sure, more would be nice, but it's definitely somewhere high up there already, and with all possible respect, considerably above "random anonymous dude going on about owls"!

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.