Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teachers is tricky:
In December, in the press conference announcing regulation of the AZ vaccine, the JCVI specifically said their recommendation was that teachers be vaccinated higher up the ladder.

This morning:
Asked about how the under-50s will be prioritised, he told BBC Breakfast: “The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) are looking at that and we will absolutely follow what they recommend.
“The recommendation for phase one has been correct because it’s based on clinical assessment of who is most vulnerable to be hospitalised or have serious infection and sadly death in some cases.
“So we’ll go back to the JCVI and they will make that recommendation and we will follow that recommendation.”

A bit more detail on that Scottish study from the beeb.

If the detail backs up the headlines, this is absolutely wonderful news. Far more important than whatever Johnson announces.

A bit more detail on that Scottish study from the beeb.

If the detail backs up the headlines, this is absolutely wonderful news. Far more important than whatever Johnson announces.

And the press release on which all the reporting is based.

No actual scientific paper or formal report yet.

in that case, vaccines are effective by a million billion percent, but can cause you to hoot like an owl.

I don't have a scientific paper or formal report yet either.

Bit suprising, I suppose anecdotal evidence you see when your out and about can make you think otherwise

It would be the strictest lockdown if everyone adhered to it. The lockdown conditions may be the strictest but is the conformation of it being followed therefore making it strict. I doubt that.

in that case, vaccines are effective by a million billion percent, but can cause you to hoot like an owl.

I don't have a scientific paper or formal report yet either.

Not really.

It's a trustworthy source - public health Scotland. Two reputable universities are involved.

You can read the paper describing the pre-planned analysis linked from that press release (this is really important because it prevents cherry picking after the data is known).

There's a hierarchy of knowledge here, and sure, more would be nice, but it's definitely somewhere high up there already, and with all possible respect, considerably above "random anonymous dude going on about owls"!

Total covid cases, hospital admissions and deaths for 85+ in all settings in England. Also (in yellow) the % of all deaths in 60+ from 85+ year olds is falling steadily.

The figures are getting weird. Good to see the deaths coming down, and apparently at a faster rate for 85+ than all 60+, but we are reaching a point where hospital admission with a positive covid test is reaching a huge percentage of actual cases. At the moment the admissions are larger than cases, but there is obviously a delay between test and hospitalisation so there's a lag. Still, doesn't stop the positive result to hospital admission being >50%. Which is mad. So if anyone has any good theories.....
(there must be loads of quirks and oddities to this data)

1613993449308.png

Last edited:

Ah yes, but the Scotish data set IS available to the medical scientific community and will be joined by English data set later today.
Those dealing with medical stats tell me that the raw data is astonishingly good.
Oh and this was part of my day job 14 years ago so I know a few people who HAVE seen the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.