Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go further and make the summer 6 week holiday 2 weeks (2 weeks of choice during the 6 week period including teachers) special times means special measures.

Doing that they could hold fire going back til Easter.
You couldn’t let teachers choose mate as that would screw up a primary/junior school. I agree on cutting short the 6 weeks though.

Loads of positive news today and its not even 1pm. Looking forward to what the PM has to say this afternoon and later on. Vaccines are working, kids are going to get a proper education and that light at the end of the tunnel is now a lot fucking brighter. Hope you're feeling a bit chirpier this morning @worsleyweb after feeling shit yesterday evening

Come on lads and lasses. Keep pushing, hold tight, things are getting better.

I’m hoping that although you will hear the word cautious about 500 times when Johnson speaks later the reality will be somewhat different. The extremely slow lifting of lockdown will actually be much quicker once the vaccination roll out kicks in even more. With this, the government have consistently under promised and over delivered and I’m confident that this is the strategy behind lifting lockdown restrictions.

It's happening everywhere mate, I had a bit of a ding dong with a really good mate last week as he let slip when he rang to see how I was that him, his Mrs, his in-laws (Mum,Dad,3 sisters) and his Mum and Dad have all had their vaccine due to his Mum being a Manager at a GP's surgery, now I understand his Mum and Dad at a touch with her working on site but the fact that they have used that to get the rest of their Family done is frankly a wanky move and I said as much, we're struggling hugely as my in-laws are both still waiting (in their 60's, one of which has a heart issue) and we rely on them for childcare, plus the fact our little one is crying nearly 5 times a day as he misses them. I said I'm not being funny but why aren't people like his mother co-ordinating with other GP's and getting the people who really need it done first but he wouldn't have it, can't be any harder than picking the phone up and ringing as she did the same for him... I fear/suspect a lot are purposely holding some appointments back for people they know.

While i shouldnt be surprised at the underhand tactics employed in this incredibly selfish world,i'm definitely disappointed to hear this process,life affecting for most,is flawed and bent.

Loads of positive news today and its not even 1pm. Looking forward to what the PM has to say this afternoon and later on. Vaccines are working, kids are going to get a proper education and that light at the end of the tunnel is now a lot fucking brighter. Hope you're feeling a bit chirpier this morning @worsleyweb after feeling shit yesterday evening

Come on lads and lasses. Keep pushing, hold tight, things are getting better.

I agree entirely, yet on social media this morning I am still seeing selfish twerps arguing the vaccines are a costly failure if 'all' they do is stop people getting very ill or dying. They will only be a success if they bring lockdown to an end and let everyone live their lives.

A bit like saying why should Boeing stop all 777s with this problem engine flying as they have. Fixing any problem is pointless if it means I don't get to fly on one this Summer.

I agree entirely, yet on social media this morning I am still seeing selfish twerps arguing the vaccines are a costly failure if 'all' they do is stop people getting very ill or dying. They will only be a success if they bring lockdown to an end and let everyone live their lives.

A bit like saying why should Boeing stop all 777s with this problem engine flying as they have. Fixing any problem is pointless if it means I don't get to fly on one this Summer.
I tend to stay away from social media (apart from on here)

Do people really see the fact that the vaccines prevent serious illness as a bad thing? To me that’s the best thing about them

Also given the above data posted in here

Indoor hospitality opening in May goes hand in hand with groups 1-9 getting their jabs by latest Mid April

Exactly why I don't use social media. Idiots with a voice. Years ago we could just tell em to shut the fuck up, now they find fellow idiots quite easily. Least you're enough of a critical thinker to see that's exactly what they are.

Keep up the good fight @Healdplace through all this you've been the source of the correct figures and news and if I ever meet you will more than happily buy you a drink my dear.

Ah yes, but the Scotish data set IS available to the medical scientific community and will be joined by English data set later today.
Those dealing with medical stats tell me that the raw data is astonishingly good.
Oh and this was part of my day job 14 years ago so I know a few people who HAVE seen the data.

I’ve seen the data and it is absolutely very good.

I do think they’ve been a bit early releasing it, incredibly promising though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.