Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers , I was after the total number of cases as I suspect around 1 per cent of cases require treatment in hospital.

is that figure of 1 per cent close to the mark in the UK?

Based on these figures then perhaps 1.5 m active cases is close to the mark which I find staggering given only 4.1m total cases recorded to date in over 12 months.
Worldometers is a good source of info for data regarding Covid but for some reason the active cases number is clearly all over the place and is best ignored. While the figure for active cases is obviously wrong, it's nothing to be suspicious of because if you click on Australia and scroll down past all the graphs and charts to "Latest News", it gives a more realistic overview with regards to new cases with 7,4,6,2,6,1, and 6 new cases being reported over the past 7 days making just 32 in total.

He got new trainers at Xmas, a size too big on purpose (at that age)

Trying on school shoes, most kids still need go to get them fitted.

His blazer is now too short in the arms, a new one will be £90.
£90 for a blazer!! Which school is that and does the PTA have a second hand uniform sale that you can pick something up for if it's for a short time?

By the way 34 of those 372 England deaths are more than a month old. So there must have been a lot of auditing today.

And that certainly means the more recent death are even lower than this implies

Indeed the last 7 five day totals are:- 346 - 304 -302 - 319 - 288 - 287 - 263

Showing the fall is real and continuing

A month ago the equivalent sequence reads 728 - 690 - 666 - 675 - 691 - 658 - 618

Quite a turnabout in 4 weeks.

Last edited:
The number of patients with Covid in England hospitals last night was 14, 137 - with approx 2698 more in the other 3 nations - so 16, 835 in the UK.

A week ago England was at 17, 730, Mr Healdplace weeks ago at 23, 020, 3 weeks ago at 28, 539 and a month ago at 32, 938.

It peaked at around 34, 000 in England in mid January.

Other 3 UK nations have fallen at similar levels in the past month.

The UK peaked at 39, 244 on 18 January - the peak of this current wave. When there were also 856 deaths in England hospitals alone on that actual day - not reported that day. As the daily reported numbers you see in the media are deaths from maybe 30 or 40 separate dates over recent weeks all added up.

Day by day since then both these numbers have plummeted.

The latest 5 day total for England hospitals deaths on a single day - Feb 17 - has just 287 deaths versus that 856 just 4 weeks earlier.

Lockdown and vaccines have changed things in a huge way with patient numbers and deaths in just 4 weeks as you can see.

Ventilated patients have plummeted too. From in England at the peak mid January of 3736 to just 2072 last night

Again these falls are mirrored in hospital data in the other 3 nations.
Hi, cheers for all your great info on this forum...
The numbers you quote for hospital deaths, can you tell me please, are they all deaths or just covid deaths?
The number dropping is clearly very good regardless...

Hi, cheers for all your great info on this forum...
The numbers you quote for hospital deaths, can you tell me please, are they all deaths or just covid deaths?
The number dropping is clearly very good regardless..
Covid deaths. Everything I post is Covid or designated as such.

Would not be much use otherwise if it included deaths from car crashes or other stuff too.

And sadly total deaths per day will be far higher than single figures or even zero as common in Wales. Scotland, N Ireland etc especially on Mondays.

Though a caveat - if you have Covid, recover and get hit by a bus outside the hospital on the way home it is not beyond the realms covid gets a mention on the death certificate.

England hospital deaths week to week:

875 / 109 NW / 13%

767 / 112 NW / 15%

509 / 109 NW / 21%

474 / 112 NW / 24%

372 / 58 NW / 16% TODAY

That is a very hopeful number for YK and the NW today,

Would not be much use otherwise if it included deaths from car crashes or other stuff too.

And sadly total deaths per day will be far higher than single figures or even zero as common in Wales. Scotland, N Ireland etc especially on Mondays.

Though a caveat - if you have Covid, recover and get hit by a bus outside the hospital on the way home it is not beyond the realms covid gets a mention on the death certificate.
Right o, cheers

I like these hit by a bus references. They are normally made by boxers and their followers on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.