Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But possible to minimise.

Less cases = less chances to mutate
The Government's priority though is not to minimise cases but to minimise hospitalisations (subject to break point reviews at which cases would be one of the factors monitored).
So for example school opening and non retail could have been delayed with a view to try and get cases down to hundreds and reduce the risk of variants and if any did emerge giving you more chance to track and trace. Tightening borders even more would also help.
These measures of course would keep us in lockdown longer and not allow the economy to recover as quickly.
Not saying the Government's plan is wrong.
There is risk in all scenarios.

I agree with this. I think there is a bit more that's gone into the 21st June end date than has been publicly declared.

Yep, that date was known pre Christmas, I got briefed on it in mid December.

It could be sooner than that too, the capacity is there to more than double the speed of the rollout, it’s the supply that will dictate it more.

Yep, that date was known pre Christmas, I got briefed on it in mid December.

It could be sooner than that too, the capacity is there to more than double the speed of the rollout, it’s the supply that will dictate it more.

And the government knows what the supply schedule is. They wouldn’t be publicly saying they will double the rate of vaccinations if they weren’t confident of supply. Moderna will be coming on stream and I reckon that they know that there will be supply of the J&J single shot vaccine available too.

The fact that both current vaccines are providing unbelievable results that are way beyond expectations combined with increased supply & more options is a fantastic position to be in.

Not sure we even need the calculator anymore. Vaccination rate seems to be about 3m a week - it dropped to about 2.5m the last couple of weeks due to the drop in supply (or maybe stockpiling based on today's comments?)

Anyway, with 33m first jabs to go, if the rate keeps at around 2.5m first vaccinations per week, everybody should have had a shot by first week in June, which would be fantastic.

Any news on when J&J would be available if approved? If this was used for all under 30s then we could indeed be done by the mid-end June.

And the government knows what the supply schedule is. They wouldn’t be publicly saying they will double the rate of vaccinations if they weren’t confident of supply. Moderna will be coming on stream and I reckon that they know that there will be supply of the J&J single shot vaccine available too.

The fact that both current vaccines are providing unbelievable results that are way beyond expectations combined with increased supply & more options is a fantastic position to be in.

Correct, not just the government too, we’re fine supply wise for the foreseeable.

Hilarious. No-one's put a gun to his head and forced him to have the jab. But his actions confirm something I predicted - that the shouty bastards saying they definitely won't be having the vaccine will fold like a pack of cards when they realise that it might stop them doing the things they want to do. Many will try to claim that they haven't had it but will get it on the sly so they can fuck off to Benidorm or wherever on the piss with their mates.

I will add that while Hitchens and Swayne are most definitely right wing, Covid deniers exist across the whole political spectrum. I've got one on my FB who is left wing and has been sharing various conspiracy theories claiming all sorts, and inferring that the government is pretty much making it all up. He's gone quiet on the topic recently. Maybe because he remembered that the company he works for is wholly owned by the government so spreading lies and misinformation about Covid isn't his wisest move.

or he may have gone quiet coz he too has had the jab lol

That would seem rather quick wouldn't it?. My missus had her Pfizer jab yesterday and no side effects, just a sore arm at injection site. So happy days.

Had mine (also Pfizer) on Saturday morning. Had an achy upper arm / shoulder at point of injection for about 24 hours and really stiff and achy legs for around the same time. Not sure if the latter was due to going for a run on Friday morning for the 1st time in ages or a side effect of the vaccination, or a bit of both !!!
Anyway, really efficient operation at Staffordshire County Showground. Was in and out before the actual booked appointment time, including the 15 minutes for "observation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.