Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RW deluded fuckwit Hitchens has his jab then rages against being "forced" to have it and blaming on Blair. He is now getting pelters from the anti-vaxxers he has encouraged on Twitter - so is that other mad deluded RW anti-vax promoter Swayne who guess what? - yep he has had his first one too - charlatans the lot of them

Hilarious. No-one's put a gun to his head and forced him to have the jab. But his actions confirm something I predicted - that the shouty bastards saying they definitely won't be having the vaccine will fold like a pack of cards when they realise that it might stop them doing the things they want to do. Many will try to claim that they haven't had it but will get it on the sly so they can fuck off to Benidorm or wherever on the piss with their mates.

I will add that while Hitchens and Swayne are most definitely right wing, Covid deniers exist across the whole political spectrum. I've got one on my FB who is left wing and has been sharing various conspiracy theories claiming all sorts, and inferring that the government is pretty much making it all up. He's gone quiet on the topic recently. Maybe because he remembered that the company he works for is wholly owned by the government so spreading lies and misinformation about Covid isn't his wisest move.

As I have been l speculating/hoping the rate of vaccinations will be hugely increased this month. Nadhim Zahawi has said this morning that the government is aiming to double the rate of the last 10-11 weeks in the next 10-11 weeks.

This is getting done at a cracking pace.
Unreal if they can get anywhere close to double the current numbers. It will also mean no slowdown when more require their 2nd jabs in the coming weeks. Your prediction of when the whole adult population will be done (mid-June wasn't it?) might actually end up being on the cautious side

Last edited:
Unreal if they can get anywhere close to double the current numbers. It will also mean no slowdown when more require their 2nd jabs in the coming weeks. Your prediction of when the whole adult population will be done (mid-June wasn't it?) might actually end up being on the cautious side
By done I meant fully done. This would mean that the younger age groups (say under 30s) would receive the Johnson & Johnson single shot vaccine as even if the final second second shots could be delivered sooner the evidence says that it is not advisable.

I reckon all the adult population will have received at least one dose way before mid June and most will have had their second.

We are flying towards the end point.

I agree with this. I think there is a bit more that's gone into the 21st June end date than has been publicly declared.
Yeah, it feels that way, especially as they're talking about a huge upscale on the already impressive daily/weekly vaccination numbers. Of course, we need to be wary of obstacles but the way it's going so far, the only thing stopping everyone getting the jab by sometime in June is if our supply is sabotaged or some scouse twat nicks the fucking lot!

By done I meant fully done. This would mean that the younger age groups (say under 30s) would receive the Johnson & Johnson single shot vaccine as even if the final second second shots could be delivered sooner the evidence says that it is not advisable.

I reckon all the adult population will have received at least one dose way before mid June and most will have had their second.

We are flying towards the end point.

My brother-in-law did that vaccine calculator thing online last week (I'm not sure how accurate that really is but its all we've got), it predicted he'd be getting his first shot in mid-May. He's done it again this morning and it's now saying April !

My brother-in-law did that vaccine calculator thing online last week (I'm not sure how accurate that really is but its all we've got), it predicted he'd be getting his first shot in mid-May. He's done it again this morning and it's now saying April !
Yea , seems to have gone down a month in the last couple of days

Yep me also..cant bloody wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.