Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales first minister says in every part of Wales the weekly Pop score is now below 100 and in 5 boroughs it is below 50.

Recall the LOWER the pop score the better you are doing (it is basically cases per 100,000 people).

For comparison nowhere in GM is below 100,

Trafford is lowest at 107 and Bolton highest at 183.

The North West as a region is at 139.

Other regions are East Midlands 160 (worst), Yorkshire 146 (up to second worst from best not long ago), West Midlands 144 - then North West - North East 124 - then all the southern regions now far ahead of the north and Midlands as their cases have plunged - East 88, London 75, South East 73 and South West 63.

Oh and there is work underway to use the RNA techniques applied to design these brand new vaccines against Covid to create a Malaria vaccine.

The only one in existence now is about a third as effective as all the new Covid ones and if they can bump a malaria vaccine up to the Covid like levels using the new methods applied to Covid it will save many lives.

As I said a few weeks ago for me the most exciting thing about getting through this pandemic is that it has seen science accelerate in this area by about a decade in just a year out of global need.

anti vaxxers worry about the speed in a negative way. In truth it will change many lives because we have been forced into spending time and money we never would to win this fight. And it has uncovered new ways to do things that will have far wider application.

And we will see that impact none Covid related diseases in the coming years.

We could end up saving more lives than Covid has taken as a result of the coordinated fight to beat Covid.

Oh and there is work underway to use the RNA techniques applied to design these brand new vaccines against Covid to create a Malaria vaccine.

The only one in existence now is about a third as effective as all the new Covid ones and if they can bump a malaria vaccine up to the Covid like levels using the new methods applied to Covid it will save many lives.

As I said a few weeks ago for me the most exciting thing about getting through this pandemic is that it has seen science accelerate in this area by about a decade in just a year out of global need.

anti vaxxers worry about the speed in a negative way. In truth it will change many lives because we have been forced into spending time and money we never would to win this fight. And it has uncovered new ways to do things that will have far wider application.

And we will see that impact none Covid related diseases in the coming years.

We could end up saving more lives than Covid has taken as a result of the coordinated fight to beat Covid.

I read something a few months back and posted it on here that the Oxford team were also looking to produce a vaccine for malaria. The advantage if they can do so is that it will be really cheap so those countries that really need it could afford it (RNA is far more expensive) and it can be distributed easily.

England hospital deaths by region:

40 Midlands. 31 NE & Yorkshire, 21 South East, 14 East, 12 North West, 8 London, 1 South West

North Cumbria 13 and Leicester 11 only trusts in doyble figures.

Highest in NW 4 in Blackpool.

Remember NW always under reports weekend deaths - will catch up midweek.

England hospital deaths wk to wk:

609 / 54 NW / 7%

350 / 23 NW / 6%

313 / 23 NW / 7%

231 / 16 NW / 7%

178 / 14 NW / 8%

127 / 12 NW / 9% Today

Low % due to the under reporting in NW every weekend but consistently low which is good as it shows minimal upswing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.