Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect they are slowing down the release of the data to keep people stIcking to the rules....if we get to less than a score of deaths per day in the coming weeks and hospital cases under 1k there will be pressure to accelerate lockdown easing....
I expect the Beeb and Hancock just quote the number some data manager gives them. No sinister motive.

I suspect they are slowing down the release of the data to keep people stIcking to the rules....if we get to less than a score of deaths per day in the coming weeks and hospital cases under 1k there will be pressure to accelerate lockdown easing....
A crucial thing for hospitals is when the full range of clinical services reopen and we are some way off that, although significant progress is being made. The authorities aren’t as interested in one or a few days hospital figures which create pressure for relaxing restrictions early, like you wrote.

It maybe a one off but I watched BBC News at Ten last night and in their coronavirus update I thought there was a change of tone and I wondered if this was my mis-reading or something significant...

The essential message I got was that that now that schools are about to open, and beyond that, activity starts to rise, infection levels could rise too. R could go above 1 but this would no longer be so serious because vaccination breaks the link between infection and serious illness.

I may have interpreted this incorrectly but I took that to indicate a shift in policy from trying to reduce the epidemic to focusing instead on serious illness.

I could be reading something into the report that is not there. See what you think because if this is real, and not a product of my imagination, then it will get repeated again.

More evidence that increasing the gap between doses was right must admit I was against it.

My boss is off for a test this morning. Made her own bubbles (best mate, nephew, daughter/son who don't live at home anymore) - and she said yesterday that her best mate and nephew are positive.
Same thing happened with a mate, made a bubble with 2 family households and found a girlfriend during that time thats now part of the bubble. 2 people including him became positive. SHe's a teacher.
One of my mates, has his massive Sikh family of brothers round. Another load of positive tests.

No wonder we're not getting cases all the time. People just don't think it's real until they get it. And the households they choose and in turn choosing another 3/4 households and so on. Chain reactions of idiots.

I get the human need for interaction is inbuilt into us, but those that choose 3/4 households are being so selfish it's f*cking angers me.

Ministers have already indicated this matters less than it used to because the vaccination programme has begun to break the link between infection rates and serious illness and death - the R number is not one of their tests for slowing the pace of lifting lockdown.

From the BBC Health correspondent Nick Triggle.

So this is a briefing as I suspected. This is significant. It means the UK government will carry on re-opening the economy even if the epidemic expands providing hospitalisation remains under control. One way of thinking about this is that we are trying to convert Covid into 'flu. A seasonal epidemic but one that doesn't alarm us too greatly.

You might welcome this, or you might be alarmed. It really depends on the scope for variant growth and evolution, and the ability of vaccine manufacturers to roll out a variant vaccine.

Ministers have already indicated this matters less than it used to because the vaccination programme has begun to break the link between infection rates and serious illness and death - the R number is not one of their tests for slowing the pace of lifting lockdown.

From the BBC Health correspondent Nick Triggle.

So this is a briefing as I suspected. This is significant. It means the UK government will carry on re-opening the economy even if the epidemic expands providing hospitalisation remains under control. One way of thinking about this is that we are trying to convert Covid into 'flu. A seasonal epidemic but one that doesn't alarm us too greatly.

You might welcome this, or you might be alarmed. It really depends on the scope for variant growth and evolution, and the ability of vaccine manufacturers to roll out a variant vaccine.
It has to be welcomed.

This won’t be eradicated, so if we’ve vaccinated 99% of the people likely to get seriously ill or die, what valid justification is there for continuing to hide from it.

My kids go back to school next week, and I’ll be seriously pissed off if they get sent home again because of positive tests at school. It will be very bad for their mental state, which is already worryingly bad.

We have other threads complaining about tax increases and lack of pay rises. We have to get on with life and quickly.

My boss is off for a test this morning. Made her own bubbles (best mate, nephew, daughter/son who don't live at home anymore) - and she said yesterday that her best mate and nephew are positive.
Same thing happened with a mate, made a bubble with 2 family households and found a girlfriend during that time thats now part of the bubble. 2 people including him became positive. SHe's a teacher.
One of my mates, has his massive Sikh family of brothers round. Another load of positive tests.

No wonder we're not getting cases all the time. People just don't think it's real until they get it. And the households they choose and in turn choosing another 3/4 households and so on. Chain reactions of idiots.

I get the human need for interaction is inbuilt into us, but those that choose 3/4 households are being so selfish it's f*cking angers me.
On what planet were they living when they thought creating multiple bubbles was what they were allowed to do. Absolute morons. And not only that think of all the other innocent people they would be potentially putting at risk. I sincerely hope they actually isolate properly and have maybe learnt a lesson. Glad my kids are taught by someone so stupid, ignorant and selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.