Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s up to pub owners, football clubs and bodies and festival promoters,or any business owners isn’t it? So if they require them, as well as any airlines or foreign countries for travel the question is who issues them.
Whether anyone agrees with them or not is neither here nor there.
So if we need them they need to be government or NHS backed.
What would be the reason they would ask ?

Hasn't it already been explained that perhaps Spain just followed suit as a matter of course when Germany and France suspended so weren't necessarily doing it as much for political reasons as those other countries?

I'm loathe to say how much the trashing of the AZ vaccine across Europe is down to the EU getting arsey and using deflection tactics to take the spotlight away from their poor performance so far but one thing I do know is that @Chippy_boy can't be accused of being a Brexiteer and having an agenda against the EU because he was one of the staunchest Remainers on this forum.
I think the politicisation and game-playing by the EU and Boris's triumphalism / nationalism are both equally pathetic. The limited vaccine supply has truly exposed the worst in both the EU, our own govt, and indeed human nature. I think the penny is starting to drop now that once we are all sat here smugly vaccinated we won't be able to leave these shores until everyone else is, so the dialogue really needs to shift towards establishing global expansion of mass production rather than a sad extension of the brexit debate.

So one figure is down, one is up, and one is unchanged. Great figures still, and seems to me like it was much ado about nothing
I agree mate. Excellent results. AZ probably felt under pressure to post the most positive interpretation of their results (a few days ago) given the Shoeing they have received in the States. Hopefully, the latest results puts this matter to bed. The Yanks have more to answer for than most IMHO.

Last edited:
I think the politicisation and game-playing by the EU and Boris's triumphalism / nationalism are both equally pathetic. The limited vaccine supply has truly exposed the worst in both the EU, our own govt, and indeed human nature. I think the penny is starting to drop now that once we are all sat here smugly vaccinated we won't be able to leave these shores until everyone else is, so the dialogue really needs to shift towards establishing global expansion of mass production rather than a sad extension of the brexit debate.
I think Bojo and Raab have been clever by not getting drawn into criticising EU political leaders (the EU medicines regulator has consistently supported the Oxford / AZ vaccine). “Give peole enough rope.......”

Kind of ironic isn't it?
This time last year the conspiracy nut jobs were being branded mad and insane for suggesting that covid passports would be needed for people to do stuff and now 13 months on it looks as though it's basically you have to get jabbed or else you are barred from society.

Kind of ironic isn't it?
This time last year the conspiracy nut jobs were being branded mad and insane for suggesting that covid passports would be needed for people to do stuff and now 13 months on it looks as though it's basically you have to get jabbed or else you are barred from society.
Most things will be open to people without a Covid passport. International holidays are a luxury that will return soon enough once the Covid is under control across the globe.

Most things will be open to people without a Covid passport. International holidays are a luxury that will return soon enough once the Covid is under control across the globe.
Personally I don't think holidays will be possible until 2022, unless your a celeb or a sportsmen or a politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.