Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok fair enough, I am still just struggling to see how we coukd get 4000 a day. I suspect that the vast majority in hospital are the idiots who didnt take the vaccine. If thats the case then surely transmission will peter out as the virus will run out of viable hosts sonner rather than later given the high vaccination rate.
Yeah, loads of healthy IDIOTS who choose not to take an untested vaccine are currently dying all over the country. Like to see who you blame when they lock us down again this winter when the flu returns.

As for Wales and eberywhere else tbh - the rise in cases is less of a concern to the other data.

20,000 cases now is nothing like 20,000 cases was in January. That is really the thing to remember.

The chain between cases ad death has been broken - not entirely but very significantly - and THAT is realky the key to where we are.

This wave is inevitable and unstoppable and In some ways letting it rip might be the best way out. IF that has a low enough hospital stress level.

Think this will factor into where we go from here now. And it may have been close to being factored into opening up already. But we had to hope and see that the worst wave numer scenarios wer not likely to be met. And whilst we are obviously going to see cases rise - especially outside the NW and Scotland who likely will be coming out of this as other places still peak - we might yet cope.

Andy Burnham might be considering banning travel INTO Greater Manchester in a week or two.

Correct. 0.1% fatality rate in the ‘3rd wave’ compared to anything from 0.5 to 1 in the first and 2nd shows that.

Northern Ireland data:

0 deaths - was 0 last week

188 cases - was 143 last week

7.4% positivity - was 5.8% last week

3 care home outbreaks - was 3 yesterday& 2 last week.

1143 rolling weekly cases total - was 1122 yesterday & 765 last week

17 patients - was 13 yesterday (biggest daily jump in weeks here) & 16 last week (first rise in some time too)

0 ventilated - was 0 yesterday & last week.

A GE RANGES OF THE LAST 7 DAY CASES

0 - 19 (400) 35.0%

20 - 39 (473) 41.4%

40 - 59 ( 222) 19.4%

60 - 79 (42) 3.7%

80 PLUS (5) 0.5%

The now recurring pattern - very few over 60 catching it,nearly 20 times as many ARE catching it under 40 and quite probably most of those under 30. Though there has been a small drift up in the 40 - 59 age group from double vaccinated there probably deciding enough is enough and mixing more regardless.

Untested??.. what you sniffing.
Sorry, I forgot it wasn’t rushed through. Not actually arguing against the vaccine anyway. Just that people should have a choice and also once 90% are double jabbed they’ll still be taking loads of our freedoms away once the flu returns late Autumn.

So the deaths for the four nations with out of hospital England to add are today 17. Last week it was 9. Wk before 6.

And cases today from the 3 nations with England to come are 3370 - which is the most in many months. It hardly got much bigger than that last Winter.

Last week the number was 1413 - a really huge jump in a week.

All eyes on England now because if that follows anything like this pattern there will be some big numbers to report in an hour or so.

Sorry, I forgot it wasn’t rushed through. Not actually arguing against the vaccine anyway. Just that people should have a choice and also once 90% are double jabbed they’ll still be taking loads of our freedoms away once the flu returns late Autumn.

nothing was rushed tho, 40 odd vaccines were started, they went through all the same tests as any other, and is the most scrutinised set of vaccines in history in terms of results of those trials/tests and administering effects. only 5 or 6 vaccines came out the other end of those trials for one reason or another.

I doubt we'll hit 90%, we're at 81% single dose now. if we hit %90 thats good going.

as for winter, there's only been 1 person mention anything about a potential lockdown in winter so I wouldn't take any of that too seriously just yet.

they will probably blitz out as many flu jabs soon ( like they did last year ) as well to make sure the system isn't overloaded, well as much as we can.

Scotland

2969 cases

58 in people aged 65+
325 aged 45-64

Then the HUGE jump

1013 aged 25-44
772 aged 20-24

339 aged 15-19
451 aged 0-14

5 deaths

2 aged 85+
2 aged 75-84
1 aged 45-64

Vaccines

17k first doses
14k second doses

Ok fair enough, I am still just struggling to see how we coukd get 4000 a day. I suspect that the vast majority in hospital are the idiots who didnt take the vaccine. If thats the case then surely transmission will peter out as the virus will run out of viable hosts sonner rather than later given the high vaccination rate.
The idiots who wouldn’t take the vaccine have transmitted it (probably through family) to student populations in big cities. It’s not going to peter out for a long time. The politicians decide whether we live with it or not.

Scotland

2969 cases

58 in people aged 65+
325 aged 45-64

Then the HUGE jump

1013 aged 25-44
772 aged 20-24

339 aged 15-19
451 aged 0-14

5 deaths

2 aged 85+
2 aged 75-84
1 aged 45-64

Vaccines

17k first doses
14k second doses
These fookers will be responsible for a surge in London too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.