Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same untill it was pointed out that there is about a 2 to 3 week lag between admissions and cases. Ie the 200+ admissions relate to circa 5 to 6 k of cases a couple of weeks ago. follow that rational thru and wont we will be at 500 admissions a day in 2 weeks time?
No - there was the same 2-3 week lag in October as well so the comparison is valid.

I thought the same untill it was pointed out that there is about a 2 to 3 week lag between admissions and cases. Ie the 200+ admissions relate to circa 5 to 6 k of cases a couple of weeks ago. follow that rational thru and wont we will be at 500 admissions a day in 2 weeks time?
Also as we have 10/15K new cases a day, mainly in the younger as yet unvaccinated we are heading the overall immunity of the country up along with the 400K+ jabs being given on average every day.

You really think it’s gone through the same rigorous testing a normal vaccination would? Yes, I know there was a reason it was rushed but my point still stands. You’re probably in denial of how Ill some healthy people have become from the vaccine too.
Here’s something simple for you, your offered a choice, go into the room on the left and you’ve got a 1 in 10 chance of getting ill, go into the room on the right you’ve got a 1 in 1000 chance of getting ill. Which room would you choose ?

England hospital numbers.

Some good news.

They FELL today. By 46 to 1255. Last week on Wednesday they rose by 27 to 1057.

Every region fell apart from the SW - up 3 to 47.

North West did not fall a lot - just from 445 to 437. But last Wednesday it went up from 349 to 379. So this is OK news given the huge case numbers in the past week. 19,000 NW cases and just 58 people extra in hospital. Though I realise there is a bit of a lag the number in the 7 days before that were still around 15,000 NW cases.

Sadly NW ventilators rose by 1 to 84. But that is a modest rise from 75 last week too.

And the overall ventilated patients in England FELL by 2 to 227.

Here’s something simple for you, your offered a choice, go into the room on the left and you’ve got a 1 in 10 chance of getting ill, go into the room on the right you’ve got a 1 in 1000 chance of getting ill. Which room would you choose ?
Fair enough but we aren’t talking 1 in 10 on this even for old people never mind fit and healthy. As I said I’m not anti vaccine I just think people should have a choice. Also if the vaccine is as effective as we all help we’ll be fine to crack on later this year but it doesn’t seem like that will happen.

You really think it’s gone through the same rigorous testing a normal vaccination would? Yes, I know there was a reason it was rushed but my point still stands. You’re probably in denial of how Ill some healthy people have become from the vaccine too.
Another intellectual who prefers to get information from Facebook or mates rather than experienced scientists. If you had ever been involved with a supplier to the pharmacy industry you would know that organisations like the FDA and others do not cut corners quite the opposite. How many of these organisations have now approved these vaccines? Are they all wrong?

but we aren’t talking 1 in 10 on this even for old people

Yes we are. Infection fatality rate is estimated ~10% for 80 year olds.

1624466405243.png

Fair enough but we aren’t talking 1 in 10 on this even for old people never mind fit and healthy. As I said I’m not anti vaccine I just think people should have a choice. Also if the vaccine is as effective as we all help we’ll be fine to crack on later this year but it doesn’t seem like that will happen.
Sorry I thought you were anti vaccine, when did you get yours and were you ill ?

England hospital numbers.

Some good news.

They FELL today. By 46 to 1255. Last week on Wednesday they rose by 27 to 1057.

Every region fell apart from the SW - up 3 to 47.

North West did not fall a lot - just from 445 to 437. But last Wednesday it went up from 349 to 379. So this is OK news given the huge case numbers in the past week. 19,000 NW cases and just 58 people extra in hospital. Though I realise there is a bit of a lag the number in the 7 days before that were still around 15,000 NW cases.

Sadly NW ventilators rose by 1 to 84. But that is a modest rise from 75 last week too.

And the overall ventilated patients in England FELL by 2 to 227.

See @Churchlawtonblue - many, many more twists in this. There is absolutely no guarantee we're getting anywhere near 4k admissions a day. It could happen, but it just as easily might not! Feel positive mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.