Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think it’s gone through the same rigorous testing a normal vaccination would?
To be fair the testing element of the vaccine has been the same as a 'normal vaccine'. It's more the review and usually mandatory waiting that has been sped up. It's impossible to compare to other vaccines as non of their trials had anything like the level of participants as the covid vaccines have had. We have tons of data that proves they are safe.

As a fit and healthy person in my mid-twenties, I was unsure about getting the vaccine, but realistically millions have been vaccinated worldwide and only minor side effects (or incredibly rare blood clots) have been reported. What is it you're actually worried might happen if you get the vaccine?

One way of looking at it is to compare with what happened before. The last time there were 16,000 daily cases on a rising curve was 5 Oct last year. At that point there were >500 daily admissions. This time we are just over 200. The link isn't broken but its obviously weakened.
And those admissions have a higher rate of survival now. They also are discharged much sooner than in October - so admissions won't have a comparable strain on the NHS as they did then.

One way of looking at it is to compare with what happened before. The last time there were 16,000 daily cases on a rising curve was 5 Oct last year. At that point there were >500 daily admissions. This time we are just over 200. The link isn't broken but its obviously weakened.

Absolutely. Things are much better than they were.

Greater Manchester data is odd

Up a lot. But the two best areas today were Bury and Bolton.

Bury the ONLY borough not over 100 today. At 88.

Bolton fell two to 116 and was joint second best with Rochdale on that number!

Bolton and Bury the only two boroughs with fewer cases (indeed many quite a lot more) than yesterday.

Manchester over 400 for the first time since last Winter.

You really think it’s gone through the same rigorous testing a normal vaccination would? Yes, I know there was a reason it was rushed but my point still stands. You’re probably in denial of how Ill some healthy people have become from the vaccine too.
You think nobody gets ill from 'normal vaccinations'? Sorry but they do and some of them even die but it is accepted as the price of preventing larger numbers of people getting ill or dying from the disease that the vaccination is designed to prevent. And that is exactly what is happening with the Covid vaccine as well.

To be fair the testing element of the vaccine has been the same as a 'normal vaccine'. It's more the review and usually mandatory waiting that has been sped up. It's impossible to compare to other vaccines as non of their trials had anything like the level of participants as the covid vaccines have had. We have tons of data that proves they are safe.

As a fit and healthy person in my mid-twenties, I was unsure about getting the vaccine, but realistically millions have been vaccinated worldwide and only minor side effects (or incredibly rare blood clots) have been reported. What is it you're actually worried might happen if you get the vaccine?

Billions, over 3bn doses given now.

You really think it’s gone through the same rigorous testing a normal vaccination would? Yes, I know there was a reason it was rushed but my point still stands. You’re probably in denial of how Ill some healthy people have become from the vaccine too.

You're probably in denial of how all medicines, including all vaccines have side effects and risks.

Indeed, there is a UK compensation scheme which has paid out to over 900 severely affected people.

You can compare that number to the 150,000 dead from COVID if it helps.

GM cases up to 1606 - highest daily number since last Winter. A rise of 358 day to day.

NW on 3620 - also highest since last Winter. A rise of 830 day to day - so pro rata 358 again is a GOOD day for GM. Around 415 would be expected.

Week to week NW is up 1463 - the biggest week to week rise yet, easily.

GM is up 681 of that number - again just below expectations as 50% of NW numbers is about par so you would expect a rise of around 730.

Last edited:
I thought the same untill it was pointed out that there is about a 2 to 3 week lag between admissions and cases. Ie the 200+ admissions relate to circa 5 to 6 k of cases a couple of weeks ago. follow that rational thru and wont we will be at 500 admissions a day in 2 weeks time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.