Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical question time.

Say we had unlimited hospital capacity, do you think we’d still have restrictions in place to save lives or would they just let it run through?...

They’d have restrictions right?

right?...
I wouldn’t be surprised if there were fewer.
I have a hunch about this new strain having a slightly shorts incubation period. normally the average incubation is 5.5 days, but when you look at cases by sample date. im guessing this new strain is 4 days incubation.

4 days after xmas day there was a big spike ( 81K+ ). and then 4 days after new year's eve there is a big spike forming ( 75K+ ).
I’m not sure your theory holds up. If the average is 5.5 but the range is, say 4-8, you’ll get a spike on day 4.

Since the vaccine is getting rolled out in stages and the first stage is:-

Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers

Followed by:-

80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers

can anyone tell me what these people are queueing for?

Surely you'd get a letter or whatever to tell you that it's your turn and when & where to turn up?

Since the vaccine is getting rolled out in stages and the first stage is:-

Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers

Followed by:-

80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers

can anyone tell me what these people are queueing for?

Surely you'd get a letter or whatever to tell you that it's your turn and when & where to turn up?

I don’t know but I queued for my flu jab and had been given a time slot down to the minute.

I have a hunch about this new strain having a slightly shorts incubation period. normally the average incubation is 5.5 days, but when you look at cases by sample date. im guessing this new strain is 4 days incubation.

4 days after xmas day there was a big spike ( 81K+ ). and then 4 days after new year's eve there is a big spike forming ( 75K+ ).
"More infectious" should mean body cells are infected more efficiently,
and that should well result in a shorter incubation period,
and on top I also think a lower viral load might be enough to overwhelm the immune system in cases where the old strain would have still been fought down. IMO.

So more reason to take more personal care to ALWAYS look for enough distance to others and/or wear a mask when it's getting dense.

I have a hunch about this new strain having a slightly shorter incubation period. normally the average incubation is 5.5 days, but when you look at cases by sample date. im guessing this new strain is 4 days incubation.

When they modeled the rise in the new variant they thought that increased transmissibility explained the data better than a shorter generation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.