Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't appear to be for shopping because the local Morrisons was deserted last time I was in (not been today).

Same here. The other day there was approximately a 1.5m long queue heading into Cockfosters/Southgate from Potters Bar. There is nothing in Southgate and Cockfosters.

Hypothetical question time.

Say we had unlimited hospital capacity, do you think we’d still have restrictions in place to save lives or would they just let it run through?...

They’d have restrictions right?

right?...

That’s exactly what gets my back up too mate. I work Monday to Friday, I go by myself to the supermarket to do all the shopping once a week (which I absolutely despise, particularly the packing up at the end!) so it’s only me that’s really taking any risk, my wife and kids are all effectively self isolating. I get there, and there’s whole families with the kids just running round the place.

I’ve got three kids, I get the change of scenery for them is absolutely needed from time to time. Take them to the park or for a walk though, not to the supermarket.
Same here, the whole family wandering around, with kids often uncontrolled, winds me up, last time I was shopping 2 adults and 4 kids, kids doing what they want, while the adults take their time on both sides of the same aisle.

I have a hunch about this new strain having a slightly shorter incubation period. normally the average incubation is 5.5 days, but when you look at cases by sample date. im guessing this new strain is 4 days incubation.

4 days after xmas day there was a big spike ( 81K+ ). and then 4 days after new year's eve there is a big spike forming ( 75K+ ).

Last edited:
Hypothetical question time.

Say we had unlimited hospital capacity, do you think we’d still have restrictions in place to save lives or would they just let it run through?...

They’d have restrictions right?

right?...
Yes the restrictions would be in place, otherwise it would be akin to reckless herd immunity approach.

Same here, the whole family wandering around, with kids often uncontrolled, winds me up, last time I was shopping 2 adults and 4 kids, kids doing what they want, while the adults take their time on both sides of the same aisle.
I just went to Tesco and hardly anyone was distancing at the checkouts. The woman behind me was getting close and I almost told her to fuck off out of my way but what’s the point. Loads without masks or masks pulled down

Of course we would have restrictions as no sane government let's people die in their thousands when many of them could be saved. It is why we offer free flu jabs in the UK when in most nations you have to pay. It is what a country like ours will do. Save lives if it is possible to do so and involves just a little consideration from others to achieve it.

We may not be doing it as well as we could but the principle of doing what we can to help others less fortunate is the bedrock of any democracy.

Even most non democracies are doing it to a greater or lesser extent so I would say more importantly it is what humans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.