Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be nearly twice, but 18% is pretty small, about the same as it was by early May when it had started to creep up again.

Agreed usage is still relatively low, I think the issue is that 2x as many people on public transport is probably indicative of 2x as many people being in their workplaces mixing with other people indoors.

Some TfL data comparing tube usage in the first days of the March and January lockdowns (obviously it is early days for this current lockdown, so hopefully usage continues to drop):

No, it's not. That was the plan when herd immunity was the strategy.

Now, the plan is supposed to be to save lives until vaccinated.

The reality is disarray.

It probably still is the strategy on the sly tbh if we're being extremely cynical. Only reason I can think to explain the xmas stuff and then kids back in school for one day.

No, it's not. That was the plan when herd immunity was the strategy.

Now, the plan is supposed to be to save lives until vaccinated.

The reality is disarray.
No, that was the plan all the way through the first lockdown, protect the NHS so it doesn’t collapse.

Now we’re obviously trying to buy time until vaccines out there but we still need to try to stop the NHS from collapsing, although some places might already be near to that.

Id rather not take up a slot for those when there’s people that can’t get to the shop at all.

I want making the point from my own personal well-being perspective, I can still keep the right distance. It’s unnecessarily adding to risk for them and others though taking the whole family on a jolly outing to Morrison’s. I thought the guidance was limit it to as few a people as possible.
My apologies we done online for ages and still do it

but gets my back up when I go to get lunch and people just going for 1 item or like you say couples and familys

My apologies we done online for ages and still do it

but gets my back up when I go to get lunch and people just going for 1 item or like you say couples and familys

I did have a look at it, but can never find a slot where I live and I’m doing a lot of the shopping for my 90 yr old neighbour as he’s struggled to get a slot too.

That’s exactly what gets my back up too mate. I work Monday to Friday, I go by myself to the supermarket to do all the shopping once a week (which I absolutely despise, particularly the packing up at the end!) so it’s only me that’s really taking any risk, my wife and kids are all effectively self isolating. I get there, and there’s whole families with the kids just running round the place.

I’ve got three kids, I get the change of scenery for them is absolutely needed from time to time. Take them to the park or for a walk though, not to the supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.