Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 572, Rochdale 634, Oldham 732, Bolton 735, Trafford 844, Salford 922, Wigan 1058 , Tameside 1061, Stockport 1157, Manchester 1668

Manchester increased lead on Stockport. Bury fall. The rest up.

Good. You are following procedure then.
No, following my own, sensible advice. No requirement according to my employer to lateral flow:

As with positive cases in any other setting, NHSTest and Trace will work with the positive case and/or their parent to identify close contacts. Contacts from a school setting will only be traced by NHS Test and Trace where the positive case and/or their parent specifically identifies the individual as being a close contact. This is likely to be a small number of individuals who would be most at risk of contracting COVID-19 due to the nature of the close contact. You may be contacted in exceptional cases to help with identifying close contacts, as currently happens in managing other infectious diseases.

Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:

• they are fully vaccinated
  • they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
  • they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
  • they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCRtest. We would encourage all individuals to take a PCR test if advised to do so.

Staff who do not need to isolate, and children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, should continue to attend school as normal. They do not need to wear a face covering within the school, but it is expected and recommended that these are worn when travelling on public or dedicated transport

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

NB:- These are now versus the week when the population was readjusted so some of the 4 week old Pop scores are artificially low for the next few days on that 4 week old comparison. The other more recent data here is unaffected. And in a few days neither will the 4 week old data be.

BOLTON 255 // 244 // UP 11 WAS 169 (up 86)

OLDHAM 292 // 289 // UP 3 WAS 310 (down 18)

BURY 300 // 293 // UP 7 WAS 329 ( Down 29)

MANCHESTER 301 // 287 //UP 14 WAS 278 (up 23)

ROCHDALE 313 // 270 // UP 43 WAS 209 (Up 104)

WIGAN 319 // 280 // UP 39 WAS 161 (up 158)

SALFORD 351 // 348 // UP 3 WAS 197 (Up 154)

TRAFFORD 356 // 327 // UP 29 WAS 295 (up 61)

STOCKPORT 394 // 336 // UP 58 WAS 305 (up 89)

TAMESIDE 467 // 410 // UP 57 WAS 295 (Up 172)

Bolton retake lead at best end of this table as Oldham numbers keep on rising. Bolton likely the only one left in the 200s tomorrow.

Tameside is clearly in most trouble going up and up. But Stockport has at least stabilised and is closer to the pack behind than its neighbour borough on top of the tree.

Every single GM borough is going up week to week now though - notice.

The low numbers a month ag caused by the population redistribution have a couple more days to run and then the comparison will become ,ore accurate.

So much for a flu vaccine shortage.

My GP just called (at 8 pm) to ask did I want to have my jab on Saturday.

Normally I do not get mine until end of October.

I said I thought that there were delivery problems. They said they had been very lucky and been guaranteed one for Saturday so were calling in those who lived close to the surgery (I can walk there) to be sure they use them all.

Would love to believe New Zealand can truly 'eliminate' Covid but it seems a trick that will be all but impossible if they ever want to fully open up to the world. Because a country that has almost no immunity from T Cells etc from a population that has largely caught it will always be vulnerable to the next variant of concern arriving on its shores unless it seals off indefinitely.

Of course, if anyone can do it New Zealand would be it. A tiny island nation effectively out of reach by most other places unless you intend to be going there.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out for them and I hope her confidence is justified as any way out of this mess that is proven to work - even if unlikely to translate to most other nations on our crowded planet - will tell us useful things about what to do the next time we get something like Covid only much worse.

You can bet terrorists have already seen the way economies can be brought to their knees with a virus in a far more terrifying manner than with guns.

So much for a flu vaccine shortage.

My GP just called (at 8 pm) to ask did I want to have my jab on Saturday.

Normally I do not get mine until end of October.

I said I thought that there were delivery problems. They said they had been very lucky and been guaranteed one for Saturday so were calling in those who lived close to the surgery (I can walk there) to be sure they use them all.

Having mine Friday. As shocked as you.

CNN reports US averaging 1500 covid deaths per day..doctors worried labor day travel could fuel another surge..not good

Good news from Cornwall.
SW has fallen a lot over past few days as the regional numbers earlier showed. Down from 3626 last Friday to 2608 today. But that is still 403 up on last Monday and South West in good times gets a few hundred cases and not infrequently the lowest numbers in England (sub 100 is not that rare here during periods of low activity).

Still rose to 521 patients in hospital in the region today and 67 on ventilators (up 12 just today).

Likely most of the cases are focused further north up towards Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.