Coronavirus (2021) thread

splinter

Team supported
Manchester city
GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 291 // 229 // UP 62 WAS 213 (up 78)

BURY 315 // 304 // UP 11 WAS 304 (up 11)

MANCHESTER 317 // 271 //UP 46 WAS 340 (down 23)

ROCHDALE 335 // 282 // UP 53 WAS 276 (up 59)

OLDHAM 349 // 220 // UP 129 WAS 338 (up 11)

TRAFFORD 364 // 317 // UP 47 WAS 344 (up 20)

WIGAN 368 // 281 // UP 87 WAS 261 (up 107)

SALFORD 370 // 325 // UP 45 WAS 392 (down 22)

STOCKPORT 391 // 357 // UP 34 WAS 335 (up 56)

TAMESIDE 478 // 415 // UP 63 WAS 316 (Up 162)

Bolton the only one left in the 200s. Though it may not be after tomorrow at the rate it is climbing.

Tameside is clearly in most trouble BUT it fell today for the first time in some while.

Stockport fell too but nowhere in GM is really as yet going much but go up bit by bit without getting out of control, Numbers are fairly flat over the past weeks.
Thank you for the updates

somapop

Close relative has been quiet in the anti vaxx (qanonce stuff) lately.
Perhaps because the grand conspiracy never really materialised….
But news of Scotland’s covid vaccine passports has awoken the inner beast.
The ‘thought police’ & ‘stasi’ are finally hear & the tin foilers are vindicated after all.

I don’t think I have the patience to be quiet anymore. I’m at the stage in my life (finally) where I don’t need to be around negative people as I’ve had more than my fair share.

He believes right wing, privately educated cartoonists (and all the other right wing freedom loons) over me (despite me still struggling with health issues post covid).

ayrshire_blue

What’s the point in taking anyone seriously who’s previous modelling was so wank.

It's not that far off?

Plus, I tend to appreciate it because there is no agenda in his modelling, and he self admits a lot of uncertainty with several different factors. There's no point in taking it as gospel, but it's as good of range of projections we're likely to get anywhere meantime.

Rammy Blue

It's not that far off?

Plus, I tend to appreciate it because there is no agenda in his modelling, and he self admits a lot of uncertainty with several different factors. There's no point in taking it as gospel, but it's as good of range of projections we're likely to get anywhere meantime.
Fair comment, I scan read it too quickly. I do find though, and it was from reading on further with his tweets, that there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously.

Octavian

Team supported
Manchester City
Close relative has been quiet in the anti vaxx (qanonce stuff) lately.
Perhaps because the grand conspiracy never really materialised….
But news of Scotland’s covid vaccine passports has awoken the inner beast.
The ‘thought police’ & ‘stasi’ are finally hear & the tin foilers are vindicated after all.

I don’t think I have the patience to be quiet anymore. I’m at the stage in my life (finally) where I don’t need to be around negative people as I’ve had more than my fair share.

He believes right wing, privately educated cartoonists (and all the other right wing freedom loons) over me (despite me still struggling with health issues post covid).
“Freedom loons” is one I’ve not heard before.

ayrshire_blue

Fair comment, I scan read it too quickly. I do find though, and it was from reading on further with his tweets, that there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously.

Yeah - there's loads of varying assumptions, which ultimately makes it a near impossibility to predict with any kind of certainty. Level of waning immunity, speed of waning, difference in waning between age groups, people's behaviours, boosters - to who and when? Etc.

I'm kinda taken aback we're now getting projections into 2022 tbh. Totally get that some of the projections are more worst case than his other ones, but I'd love to know at which point all these hospitalisation waves stop being meaningful (with the greatest respect).

roubaixtuesday

Team supported
City
there are far too many assumptions to take further projections seriously

Which is exactly what he says himself...

Overall conclusion seems to be that there is a very wide spread of future possibilities.

Which is actually not a change.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.