Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillar 1 & 2 tests 1, 105 , 823 today

Up big from 767 , 780 yesterday

And DOWN from 1, 116, 116 last week,

kids being seriously ill from Covid ? It doesn’t even register the amount of kids who suffer
Well one 19 or under died in the England data I just posted above.

Not big numbers but it is usually a handful every week It is not nil and this is just England.

And I think one death will register with the family even if not statistics wise.

So they deserved the option to choose to vaccinate or not imo.

I agree the risk is minimal but not zero.

not many kids have currently had the jab to make any worthy comparison.

Tens of millions of children have been vaccinated against COVID worldwide. Here some European countries.

1632756310400.png

some kids will also die after receiving the vaccine

the risk is significantly lower than with infection.

the changing things we keep getting told about vaccines and what they do and how long they last, how effective they are makes me think they are discovering things as they go along which you would expect during a trial, but I’d rather wait till the trial is over and we know everything about the vaccine before we start including kids in the trial

In an ideal world, maybe. But the choice isn't vaccine or nothing, it's vaccine or COVID. All your caveats around the vaccine apply moreso to the infection.

Fully agree with the each to their own piece.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable exposing my child to a novel disease known to affect the heart and brain and with unknown long term risks when I can get them vaccinated against it, particularly when it also has the potential to further disrupt their education.

My child is 6 so even if I wanted to I couldn’t protect her against a novel disease which is known to affect the heart and brain with unknown long term risks.

I just hope that there are no unforeseen long term affects of the vaccine which are still unknown.

Not big numbers but it is usually a handful every week It is not nil and this is just England.

And I think one death will register with the family even if not statistics wise.

thank you for editing your original

My child is 6 so even if I wanted to I couldn’t protect her against a novel disease which is known to affect the heart and brain with unknown long term risks.

I just hope that there are no unforeseen long term affects of the vaccine which are still unknown.

Out of interest, Pfizer reckon they'll submit the trial results for their 5-11 yo population within days in the US, and are claiming positive results. I think the dose was lower.

A handful every week ? This report is showing 25 under 18s have died from March 2020 to February 2021, that’s about 2 a month but over 50% had underlying health problems

Maybe further down the line I’d change my mind, but I just don’t feel comfortable giving my child a vaccine for something that is not really a risk to her. Added to it not stopping it spreading and being brand new, I personally don’t think it’s a risk worth taking. Each to their own though, I don’t think it’s cut and dried either way is it.

Which is fair enough. I would argue that it does stop it spreading and even if it doesn’t make children particularly ill, it can significantly disrupt their education at the least.

GM & NW HIGHLIGHTS

Not a great day again in GM. But has been worse and no real terrible day by anyone.

Stockport IS back to being the big scorer but keeps under 200

On 194 - that is its highest number (71) above Manchester EVER. But that is because Manchester was very low on just 123.

Indeeed Wigan, Trafford & Tameside all had more cases than Mancheter today too. So well is the city doing,

And even that Stockport score is 2 DOWN week to week. So not a disaster even here.

But NW is DOWN 273 on the day when GM falls by just 60 of those to 1155. This is a bit under the par of around 100. But not terrible.

Week to week North West is also down 423 from 3702 to 3279 today.

GM is down week to week from 1206 by just 51 and I cannot sell that split of a 423 NW fall as good for the metro county. It should be nearer 150.

Though half the boroughs are up week to week most are modest and the only big riser is Rochdale up 45.

So it could have been worse and a fall is a fall on a day when England cases were well up due to other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.