Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my golf mates, one just 60 this year the other 57. Both slight illness, the former likes a drink, he sent his Mrs out for 144 cans of Stella and drank the lot during his illness/isolation so not bad at all. When I caught it last October, unjabbed obviously I tried a glass of wine after about three days and was sick as a dog, hopefully your folks will be fine.
I caught covid a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't to bad to be honest..had a bad cough and thought I had a chest infection but got tested and lo and behold covid.
Not feeling too bad now but do feel weak and tired but cough mainly gone.
Had both jabs AZ ones and I'm 64 next week ..so hopefully
My mum works in a school in Trafford. Looks like she's finally caught it. Terrible headache, subsided now and very sniffly/bad cold-like at the moment. Positive LFT. Let's hope her jabs does the trick. My dad's just got home after being away for a week with work, so he'll likely get it too. Fingers crossed they're gonna be alright...

Anyone else around 60 (their ages) caught it recently after being jabbed and been alright?
I caught covid a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't to bad to be honest..had a bad cough and thought I had a chest infection but got tested and lo and behold covid.
Had both jabs AZ ones and I'm 64 next week ..so hopefully they will both be fine mate..
Off for my flu jab shortly..I bloody hate needles

Why's that then?
10x more chance of the kids dying from Covid than the vaccine.
Perhaps you want your kids to be pretty ill (15% chance or so) Maybe the 1% or so who get bad Long Covid.
It is beneficial from reduced effect of illness alone.
Because he’s an anti vax bellend.

My mum works in a school in Trafford. Looks like she's finally caught it. Terrible headache, subsided now and very sniffly/bad cold-like at the moment. Positive LFT. Let's hope her jabs does the trick. My dad's just got home after being away for a week with work, so he'll likely get it too. Fingers crossed they're gonna be alright...

Anyone else around 60 (their ages) caught it recently after being jabbed and been alright?
My mates and me are mid/late 50's and we were out last Saturday all day in town. One caught it and now his wife has it. Both jabbed both very mild symptoms. Still cost me a bottle of LP for a get well present! One other lad out of the 5, who were out, got it too and two of his young kids have since. (He was late to the parenting game). Again mild symptoms. I've been okay but convinced I've already had it and other two also tested negative.

Hope your folks are okay pal.

Have you had the jab now then?

no I’ve had Covid so my natural immunity is giving me more protection than the jab so it would be pointless

I also was advised not to on medical grounds but made it clear I wouldn’t have it even if I could

Had both jabs AZ ones and I'm 64 next week ..so hopefully

Had both jabs AZ ones and I'm 64 next week ..so hopefully they will both be fine mate..
Off for my flu jab shortly..I bloody hate needles
Last year at age 61 I went for my flu jab in November and the Nurse (who’s bloody brilliant btw) said, whilst you here we might as well do the pneumonia jab, it’s a once in a few years medication, I’d ask about that if I was you at your age :-).

Last year at age 61 I went for my flu jab in November and the Nurse (who’s bloody brilliant btw) said, whilst you here we might as well do the pneumonia jab, it’s a once in a few years medication, I’d ask about that if I was you at your age :-).
Cheers mate..mind you my doctor's are pretty useless to be honest...

I see the Treasury wants to get shot of free Covid Tests ASAP - as they are doing shortly in France and Germany.
A great idea if you want Covid to spread like wildfire as nobody will pay for tests. And testing is dramatically slowing the spread of the virus.
Only something that can be done once cases drop to 1/20th of their current levels.

Two of my golf mates, one just 60 this year the other 57. Both slight illness, the former likes a drink, he sent his Mrs out for 144 cans of Stella and drank the lot during his illness/isolation so not bad at all. When I caught it last October, unjabbed obviously I tried a glass of wine after about three days and was sick as a dog, hopefully your folks will be fine.
Good Lord. How long was his isolation period? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.