Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many on here would let the kids have the jab. 12-15 yr olds ?
I did but ultimately it was his choice which I made clear. He researched it but had already covered pathogens and immunity etc in his Biology classes.

Every kid in his class has had at least 1 jab so I suspect that may have come into play as well. had his second jab yesterday and I’m pleased for him.

GREATER MANCHESTER SCOREBOARD

TOTAL CASES 1641 - DOWN 43 FROM YESTERDAY

NORTH WEST DOWN 236 TO 4743 - SO A BUT UNDER PAR SO LESS GOOD THAN THURSDAY

VERSUS LAST WEEK GM WAS THEN 1398 - SO UP 253

NORTH WEST RISES BY 338 WEEK TO WEEK.

AS YOU CAN SEE THE WEEK TO WEEK GM RISE IS WELL OVER THE 35/40% EXPECTATION LESS GOOD NEWS WHEN IT IS A RISE

GM HAD A NOT TOO GOOD DAY BUT HAS BEEN WORSE

TRAFFORD 276 - DOWN 24 on day & UP 79 Wk to wk - Fifth consecutive day at the top of the pile - unprecedented here, but what in normal times would be a huge number is actually pretty good progress from yesterday. Brings a Pop score rise of 'just' 116 - which any other day woud be noteworthy for being scarily high but when down on yesterday and from 169 is real progress.Odd times! Stockport still had a better day v Trafford but no by as much as over past 2 days so overall Pop Score lead across the pandemic back toward Stockport went up much less than last two days5 . POP SCORE 14, 263

STOCKPORT 247 - UP 28 on day & UP 49 wk to wk. A less good day obviosly and enough to top Manchester again and give a Pop Score of '10 higher than yesterday of 84 reclaimed another 32 from Trafford on the best Pop Score across the Pandemic to now lead by 140 after being that far behind Trafford last week! It can reverse again just as easily as progress has stalled a bit. POP SCORE 14, 123

MANCHESTER 200 - DOWN 38 on day & DOWN 1 wk to wk. Pop Score up 36 .Better day and best Pop Score of the day with 36 quite high for the lowest. POP SCORE 16, 298

WIGAN 195 - DOWN 5 on day & UP 60 wk to wk. Pop score up 59 today. POP SCORE 15, 663

TAMESIDE 163 - DOWN 9 on day & UP 28 wk to wk. Pop Score of 72. POP SCORE 15, 318

ROCHDALE 119 - DOWN 15 on day & UP 15 wk to wk. Pop Score up 54 . POP SCORE 15, 871

BOLTON 118 - UP 24 on day & UP 14 wk to wk - Pop Score up 41. POP SCORE 15, 614

OLDHAM 115 - DOWN 4 on day & DOWN 9 Wk to Wk. Pop Score up 49. Lead over Manchester for highest Pop Score across the pandemic rises to 340 - not looking likely to stop rising either before it becomes the first into the 17 K club which at this rate could be next week! POP SCORE 16, 638

SALFORD 115 - UP 3 on day & UP 21 wk to wk. Pop Score up 44 POP SCORE 16, 265

BURY 113 - UP 17 on day & UP 7 wk to wk. Pop score here up 59 . POP SCORE 15, 366

Just 6 cases separate the bottom 5 but all well up and nobody in GM now below 100

I didn’t say you were contradicting yourself I was saying you’ve now twice in the space of a week given highly inflated figures of children’s deaths from Covid

Just out of interest, why did you delete the sentence about the number of teenage deaths last week and the week before from the post you quoted?

It wouldn't be that you are trying to downplay them while accusing somebody else of trying to inflate them, would it?

I respect the choice of those saying they will not let their children have the vaccine but I trust they will let their child have a say too? And they are properly informed that every week in England children ARE dying from Covid.

Yes the numbers are tiny and yes the risk is minimal but it is not zero and it is higher than the risk of having the vaccine and any possible side effects.

And the risk of crossing a back road outside the house with little traffic when they see a friend on the far side is limited too but we still take it seriously because for some people every year their child is one of the unlucky ones.

I support it being a choice but it needs to be a choice of the child too not simply views imposed on them by their parents.

I am speaking of nobody in this thread directly or specfically of anyone - just in general that this ought to be at least a mutual decision talked over in the family and in the knowledge of the preference of the child being offered the jab, too.
My son is 13, my daughter 11. As I said to them last week, they’ll be perfectly entitled to express their opinion and wishes re the vaccine. And then I’ll be telling them what’s going to happen.

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 641, Rochdale 667, Bolton 757, Oldham 802, Salford 890 , Tameside 1088, Wigan 1171, Manchester 1407, Stockport 1648, Trafford 1867

A lot up but up top Stockport pull further clear of Trafford but further away from Manchester.

At the right end of the table Bury had a better day than Rochdale and increase lead in top spot though both up gone from the 400s to the 600s in a few days now. Much closer to the pack above now.

At the wrong end of the table Stockport had a much smaller difference to Trafford was up big butis now 219 in the lead.

Manchester gained a lot back on Stockport and is now 241 behind

Just out of interest, why did you delete the sentence about the number of teenage deaths last week and the week before from the post you quoted?

It wouldn't be that you are trying to downplay them while accusing somebody else of trying to inflate them, would it?

I didn’t knowingly delete anything

I didn’t say you were contradicting yourself I was saying you’ve now twice in the space of a week given highly inflated figures of children’s deaths from Covid
That is not so and I think you know it, Happy to discuss things wirh anyone but that is pointless here.

You know very well I gave the actual data from England hospitals as I do EVERY weekday. That's all.

I have no agenda and I think those reading this thread are mostly able to see if that is true or not.

But I am not going to engage in an argument, Think as you choose to think. That is OK with me.

That is absurd and I think you know it, Happy to discuss things wirh anyone but that is pointless here.

You know very well I gave the actual data fron England hospitals as I do EVERY weekday. That;s all.

I have no agenda and I think those reading this thread are mostly able to see if that is true or not.

you said a handful are dying each week and then children ARE dying every week, given the studies I’ve seen I was saying these figures are highly inflated

I don’t see what’s absurd about that, didn’t say you have an agenda at any point that I can recall or as someone has said deleted anything from your posts I quoted

ive just been back to look what you were referring to and can’t see what’s been deleted

are you confusing this with another message ?
Original post:

Nothing I said is contradictory there. I post the England hospital death numbers by age every day. Its their figures teenage and under I refer to and there were 2 last week and 3 the week before. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying is that it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering about.

When you quoted it, it came out as:

Nothing I said is contradictory there. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.