Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there are more important things to argue about than whether 1,2 or 3 a week is fairly described as a handful? We are allowed to disagree over the use of language in forum posts.

a small quantity or number - a handful of people - is what I found it described as by googling.

And for me one death of a young person that might have been avoided is too many.

Last edited:
last week you said only a handful of children are dying each week and now you’ve said children ARE dying every week, there’s multiple studies I sent last week that the number in a 12 month period of children under 18 is 25 deaths so 2 a month and over half had underlying health conditions
not surprising that, Healdplace is very reliable in her commentary.
The forum owes her immense gratitude, for her input over the crisis.

Original post:

Nothing I said is contradictory there. I post the England hospital death numbers by age every day. Its their figures teenage and under I refer to and there were 2 last week and 3 the week before. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying is that it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering about.

When you quoted it, it came out as:

Nothing I said is contradictory there. Of course underlying conditions are the likely cause of MOST deaths regardless of age. All I am saying it is easy for some to read minimal risk as no risk worth bothering apart.

well I 100% did not delete it, maybe Healdplace edited her post after I’d responded to her first post ?

well I 100% did not delete it, maybe Healdplace edited her post after I’d responded to her first post ?
That is possible I do that quite a lot. Habit of being an author and used to editing articles and books on the fly to correct spelling or typos or clarify.

Just counted and posted this 5 times before I was happy. So that was 4 edits. In about 90 seconds.

But it would not have been to change the context or description of the numbers as they are what they always were.

That is 6 times in this post now btw!

Last edited:
What's the worst day of covid after being double jabbed? I remember a year ago pre-jabs it was days 5-10 that were the worst - is the whole experience a lot different for those who have been jabbed? Does it peak sooner now?

What's the worst day of covid after being double jabbed? I remember a year ago pre-jabs it was days 5-10 that were the worst - is the whole experience a lot different for those who have been jabbed? Does it peak sooner now?
We had a family bout and all had a similar experience 2 days positive not much, 2-5 cough, loss of taste and smell, blocked nasal passages, my wife had stinging eyes.Then after that it cleared fairly quickly, negative by day 7.The tickly cough and being a tired lasted about a week after that.The smell took about 3-4 weeks to come back.
All in all I've had worse colds just the smell and taste loss different.

Last edited:
WALES UPDATE

Back to the data

Wales have just posted the catch up data they could not give yesterday because of the IT crash.

So they are ALSO adding the Friday data to the Thursday data - normally Friday numbers are not posted until Sunday (Wales usually post nothing on Saturday and also give the Sat & Sun data together on Monday which will be issued like that now on Monday as usual with no data tomorrowl)

These numbers will ALL be added to tonights UK total so it will not be a low one today sadly!

THE COMPARISON HERE WILL BE WITH BOTH THURSDAY & FRIDAY NUMBERS LAST WEEK

23 deaths - was 15 last week

5705 cases - was 5340 last week

10.0% positivity - was 9,3 & 11.5% on the two days last week.

Last edited:
SCOTLAND DATA

18 deaths - was 17 last week

2417 cases - was 2515 last week

8.1% positivity - was 7.3% last week

943 patients - down 14 on yesterday - was 965 last week

61 ventilated icu - down 3 on yesterday - was 66 last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.