Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NHS to start rolling out antiviral pill before Christmas. Molnupiravir will be a game changer for the most vulnerable..

NHS to start rolling out antiviral pill before Christmas. Molnupiravir will be a game changer for the most vulnerable..

Maybe If these antiviral pills work it could mean that in a few years only the vulnerable and elderly will have to have the vaccine like with the flu jab and all the rest of the population who get Covid you have this Antiviral pill that stops them getting really ill and ending up in hospital!?

Maybe If these antiviral pills work it could mean that in a few years only the vulnerable and elderly will have to have the vaccine like with the flu jab and all the rest of the population who get Covid you have this Antiviral pill that stops them getting really ill and ending up in hospital!?
If we could get to that level of safety it'd be fantastic.

Life really could move towards proper normality again and take away I'd guess most of the fear from many people.

With the other antiviral treatments coming I think in 2022 we'll be in much better shape in the fight against covid..I hope

If we could get to that level of safety it'd be fantastic.

Life really could move towards proper normality again and take away I'd guess most of the fear from many people.

Yeah the problem with Covid is how it overwhelms all hospitals around the world if this antiviral pill works in that is stops people going into hospital without a a vaccine think that’s where this could come to and end but at the moment we don’t know if this pill will be enough to stop severe illness it will take maybe a year or two for the stats to come out on it. At the moment it is only the vaccine that keep the majority out of hospitals and why everyone should be vaccinated.

Interesting piece in the Times this morning about the number of unvaccinated taking up hospital beds and the impact that has on medical staff who cannot treat others requiring immediate care.

Must be a huge challenge on remaining non-judgemental.

Certainly sounds promising that Omicron won’t be that bad.
It’s certainly early days but it’s the first and fullest on the ground reporting that I’ve been able to find. Hospitalisations and deaths lag, of course, so we’ll just have to wait.

From what I gather from the Israeli papers, they expect to know by next weekend bad it will be. Going to be a long week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.