Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s absolutely mind boggling that they aren’t modelling using data from SA.

I’m genuinely getting the feeling that SAGE are just recommending harsh measures all the time because they fucked up so badly on the first wave in advising locking down too late.

I’ve been largely on board with all the measure in England (I think they were too slow to unlock though tbh) and got my vac the moment it was available.

However if they lockdown or circuit breaker now with 90% of over 50’s triple vaccinated by the end of the week I won’t be paying a blind bit of notice.

I spoke to someone this morning whose aged mother is in the same situation. There just aren’t the staff to get the boosters into care homes, yet young people who are in considerably less danger are queuing for hours because of Government messaging.

Countries ignored Israel’s warning and let their guard down.
Guess we’ve got Covid fatigue as a country.

Sadly the virus doesn’t get tired.

How’s the symptoms?

I know this sounds grim but at least you found out now and didn’t give it older relatives round the Christmas Dinner table.

I’m really concerned about it tbh

Time to smash some food deliveries and computer games.

Everyone could do LFT before coming? We're doing that at ours.

One day you will be older/old. You may have developed a more mature outlook then.
No, I'l have just have different self-interests. At least I'm honest enough to admit that unlike the lockdown folk who won't admit the only reason is out of their own fear and self-interest, not an altruistic, genuine motive because there isn't one objectively speaking.

That is frankly an unbelievable exchange. I am literally speechless.

Vaccines are a preventative treatment, paracetamol isn't. Are you not going to take paracetamol when you feel ill after catching Covid despite having your jabs?
I did catch covid after having my jabs.
Fortunately, I wasn't ill and didn't require paracetamol - maybe because I had the vaccines.

No, I'l have just have different self-interests. At least I'm honest enough to admit that unlike the lockdown folk who won't admit the only reason is out of their own fear and self-interest, not an altruistic, genuine motive because there isn't one objectively speaking.
I don’t want another lockdown, but if one is advised and implemented, I’ll have to abide by it if it helps the country.

I’m not scared and not thinking of my own self interest, unlike others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.