Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They predict a doomsday scenario each and every time and people are now switching off from their message because it’s patently wrong and bares no resemblance to what we see here at home or globally.

The press are also to blame with their doomsday narratives.

You would be forgiven for thinking we had bodies piled high at the sides of the roads the way some report on covid.

So back to the truth re Omicron based on real world data and experiences so far…..it’s much more contagious but is responsible for a much leas severe illness if at all with hospitalisation numbers down as well as deaths. Restrictions because if it? Not now, pointless, it’s here already. Lockdown because of it? Absolutely not!

Protect the NHS? Yes, we need politicians and parties who will spend what’s required because right now, we are facing lockdowns for no other reason than our NHS can’t cope because of our shit politicians and that is not acceptable. It’s their job to protect it, not ours by being locked away when it suits.
Nail on the head, too much crying wolf has been going on since this started.

I don't mean it's not/hasn't been serious but the bollocks realised by these modellers has reached the stage where like politicians they're not believed and have lost almost all credibility as 'experts'.

Guess we’ve got Covid fatigue as a country.

Sadly the virus doesn’t get tired.
Even though we’re already in lockdown and apparently at a possible precipice, I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll actually be in a better position by the middle of January. The governments will attribute that to their booster programmes and vaccinations, which is true to an extent and gives people reassurance, but I just feel that this wave might burn itself out quite quickly.

Even though we’re already in lockdown and apparently at a possible precipice, I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll actually be in a better position by the middle of January. The governments will attribute that to their booster programmes and vaccinations, which is true to an extent and gives people reassurance, but I just feel that this wave might burn itself out quite quickly.
I do too, lockdown or no lockdown.

We’re at the point where some people are more scared of a lockdown than a deadly virus.

We‘re all going to suck it up and face whatever happens between now and the end of January.

Nail on the head, too much crying wolf has been going on since this started.

I don't mean it's not/hasn't been serious but the bollocks realised by these modellers has reached the stage where like politicians they're not believed and have lost almost all credibility as 'experts'.
So best to ignore them?

I do too, lockdown or no lockdown.

We’re at the point where some people are more scared of a lockdown than a deadly virus.

We‘re all going to suck it up and face whatever happens between now and the end of January.
Yes, agreed. As several have already said, I think what governments are scared of is a period of 2 or 3 weeks where health systems might fail. It's a pity that some feel the need to rebrand this as "failed promises" and lies that "vaccines will get us out of this".

Vaccines are a major reason we can live pretty much as we want between March and November. But for this year and maybe the next, we need to help out in other ways. Doing your bit does not start and end with taking the vaccine and then saying "I'm alright, Jack."

Chris Whitty always said that it was going to be a tough winter and most people seemed to ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.