Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally. I’ve had a negative LTF test on my 10th and final day of isolation.

However, wife tested positive yesterday so Xmas plans are still shagged.

Ordered a little turkey crown with trimmings from butchers so I'll cook her a Xmas dinner at least but she'll be eating it in the spare room, well away from me.
Every cloud....

Because it’s too late to have any effect whatsoever and the cases will be peaking before those restrictions can do anything? Still, it’ll allow ’the never heard of before covid first minister‘ to pretend that his actions achieved something.
Fining people for going to work, rule of six (I’d love to see the peer reviewed paper for that gem), face masks mandatory, indoor events limited to 30 (with outdoor at only 50)? Nightclubs being shut (you’ve not been able to get into one Since early October with a covid pass and a fat lot of good that has done).

They‘re absolutely drunk with power and I hope that isn't forgotten at election time.
You forgot Drakefords finest moment.

When questioned he said he didn't want to roll out the vaccine too quickly in case they ran out!

Because it’s too late to have any effect whatsoever and the cases will be peaking before those restrictions can do anything? Still, it’ll allow ’the never heard of before covid first minister‘ to pretend that his actions achieved something.
Fining people for going to work, rule of six (I’d love to see the peer reviewed paper for that gem), face masks mandatory, indoor events limited to 30 (with outdoor at only 50)? Nightclubs being shut (you’ve not been able to get into one Since early October with a covid pass and a fat lot of good that has done).

They‘re absolutely drunk with power and I hope that isn't forgotten at election time.
Think they are fining companies who are forcing people to go to work when they could work from home. May be wrong but it's to try and protect workers from effectively being told come into work when they could stay at home and work just as efficiently.

Week to week doubling, So not every 2 days like the experts said it was?

Its actually increasing 3 and half times slower and doubling every 7 days based on the actual numbers?

Aside from lags in reporting (Omicron+Delta) doubling time is not the same as (omicron alone) doubling time.

Welsh total is (omicron+delta)

what does that mean exactly?

What other actual numbers are there to go off?
The official dashboard

In what I assume was a shortcut to prevent people who had multiple PCR's for what ever reason showing up more than once limit the tracking to 1 case per person. in the original strains it wasnt an issue in such large scales as reinfection rates were very low. but one of the main things that Omicron is good at is reinfection, so automatically you have 11.5m people being discounted from being able to show on the dashboard again.

Its a shortcoming that needs fixing asap as its really skewing everything downwards.

These are the only numbers we have in the public domain ( Healdsplace may have better on her travels mind you), You would hope the bods in charge have better metrics.

Think they are fining companies who are forcing people to go to work when they could work from home. May be wrong but it's to try and protect workers from effectively being told come into work when they could stay at home and work just as efficiently.
Sadly not. It’s the worker who’s fined. £60 for a first offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.