Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't be locking down. But any lockdown any restrictions put in place are not there to protect the unvaccinated. They are there to protect the NHS and those of us needing the NHS from the unnaccinated and others. Because as you rightly say point 1 not treating the unvaccinated will never happen.
I know restrictions won’t be for the unvaccinated. I was responding to the other fella about not locking down for the unvaccinated but it’ll be nothing to do with them anyway.

The unvaccinated won’t be allowed into certain places is what will be the only difference of how they’re treated.

No doubt the cunts will compare that to 1940s Poland or something.

Finally. I’ve had a negative LTF test on my 10th and final day of isolation.

However, wife tested positive yesterday so Xmas plans are still shagged.

Ordered a little turkey crown with trimmings from butchers so I'll cook her a Xmas dinner at least but she'll be eating it in the spare room, well away from me.
Just eat it together mate. You’ve had it already anyway.

Because it’s too late to have any effect whatsoever and the cases will be peaking before those restrictions can do anything? Still, it’ll allow ’the never heard of before covid first minister‘ to pretend that his actions achieved something.
Fining people for going to work, rule of six (I’d love to see the peer reviewed paper for that gem), face masks mandatory, indoor events limited to 30 (with outdoor at only 50)? Nightclubs being shut (you’ve not been able to get into one Since early October with a covid pass and a fat lot of good that has done).

They‘re absolutely drunk with power and I hope that isn't forgotten at election time.
That welsh leader is a fuckin lunatic

So the US Army has developed its own Vaccine, that they claim is a universal vaccine for all variants. Currently in phase 1 trials.

The Antivaxxers are going to have a meltdown over this one.

Will be like that episode of the Simpsons when they create a boy band to indoctrinate kids to join the navy.

Sure, I get that there is personal experience of it being milder, but that's exactly what you'd expect from people who have more immune history than with previous infections. It doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the intrinsic properties of the virus. I'm not at all saying it isn't milder (emerging evidence is I think positive on that), but personal tales on blue moon, whilst interesting, aren't convincing of the whole population.

Also, there's the survivor effect

I’ve not had it previously, double jabbed and other than a slight bad back I’ve felt nothing. Actually feel better than I usually feel today but still testing positive unfortunately.

Omicron has arrived in Wales in big numbers and they have had a record number today.

Cases have doubled week to week to a new one day high of 4662 cases and a positivity of 26.1% - also a single day record.

Now you know why they imposed new restrictions yesterday.
Week to week doubling, So not every 2 days like the experts said it was?

Its actually increasing 3 and half times slower and doubling every 7 days based on the actual numbers?

So do you support the views of the Centre for Epidemic Response & innovation, or do you claim there's a different consensus?

[FWIW, what consensus there is seems to me to be that the SA data is that omicron cases there are definitely milder, but it's not possible with any certainty to deconvolute immunity and other effects from intrinsic changes to the virus]
From what I have read, it seems to suggest that it is a milder variant and I would go with that unless there is any more compelling data that suggests otherwise. I would also agree with CERI that some caution is needed.

I am, by nature, a fairly optimistic person so it is quite possible that I lean towards more positive news. I would guess (from your posts on this thread) that you are of a more pessimistic disposition and that you are likely to perhaps lean the other way a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.