Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the solution. If we need more beds and staff then they need to sort it out. With an ageing population anyway, demand for hospital beds will increase over time anyway, pandemic or no pandemic.

And then we cross into policies such as immigration, education etc to help make the required staffing levels, the whole thing needs sorting.

BBC playing the data down. Not the really good news we were hoping for they say. Only 10% reduction. They say. Really?
Not on BBC website. It mentions between 30 and 70% reduction.

The wave of Omicron appears to be milder according to preliminary studies published in the UK and South Africa.
Early evidence suggests fewer people are needing hospital treatment than with other variants - with estimates ranging from a 30% to a 70% reduction.

The wife who is a NHS employee is currently isolating due to close contact with a family member who has tested positive. It`s NHS policy that she can not attend work until she gets a PCR test result. She`s now been waiting for 3 days for her test result and has been told not to chase it up until it passes 96 hours. She could be negative, but can`t go to work until she gets her results. The NHS is going to take a pasting, not just due Covid but due to staff shortages because of isolation.
PCR testing needs sorting out, especially in Gtr Manchester. And NHS staff should be prioritised.

Is there not an option when you do your test to say that you’re a key worker? Friend of mine got hers back in 24 hours (nurse) where my mate took 4 days. Assumed hers was fast tracked?

The wave of Omicron appears to be milder according to preliminary studies published in the UK and South Africa.
Early evidence suggests fewer people are needing hospital treatment than with other variants - with estimates ranging from a 30% to a 70% reduction.

I think the news is playing it down a bit. They did mention the above too so it wasn’t all doom and gloom but they still have millions unvaccinated so I think they wanted to get the message out that the above only applies if you have had it or been double vaccinated (they dropped the booster need from this)

Thats what I thought the data said - why I was surprised at the TV news. Maybe it was ITV. Not payng full attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.