Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it’s not cases that’s important in a majority vaccinated population, but hospitalizations and deaths.

If those are higher than before, then people will lose faith in the vaccination protocols we all undertook for our health and safety, and the looney toons who denigrated the vaccines will think they’ve been vindicated!

Immunology is hard, and the lay person simply isn’t equipped for the multi-step intellectual process that tries to explain why vaccines are a good thing, even if this new variant is spreading like wildfire and even vaccinated people might get it!

Wildfire is a good analogy, though, if you think of the vaccines as a fire suit! Would you rather stand naked before the wildfire as it sweeps across your path, in the hope that it won’t burn you, or would you rather wear a fire suit, in the same hope?

I’ve made my choice.

You flew over it?

That's terrible. Surely people working in the NHS must be given priority on all testing. This just sounds like stupidity. To think that people are only infectious for a few days but have to wait 96 hours for a result is ridiculous.
It’s ridiculous. Even at the peak of the January wave when I went for a PCR test (and subsequently tested positive), I got my result back the following day in the early hours of the morning

They’d argue they did, their October models being a good example. More examples in here -

What they wouldn’t have done is hit anywhere near their worst case scenario modelling, which are the figures that get over reported by the media.

Best case in their September model was 3 times actual cases. The models they use simply don't work and can't be retrofitted to previous waves of a similar virus. They are broken and not fit for purpose. Get some proper statistical modellers in from ONS or the City of London to build a model that works.

just because it’s milder doesn’t mean the NHS is under severe pressure at the moment

Its clearly not under pressure from Omicron is it so are you suggesting we have restrictions because it’s not being run/funded/staffed/correct capacity?

If so I hope you are not suggesting that we suffer restrictions all the time now because of that?

In times when there is not much to cheer, we should take all of the positivity we can.

Yes, be realistic. But every post doom and gloom, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.