Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to get my Covid pass on the NHS app but it’s saying “you’ve had a positive PCR test and need to wait until December 23rd before being able to get your pass” - well it obviously is the 23rd.

Any ideas?

It seems 18,829 NHS England staff are off work - a big jump in the past week since Omicron appeared.

3874 in London alone are for Covid related reasons (having it or isolating). This will be replicated all over the UK as Omicron spreads.

This is going to prove more crucial to how the NHS cope than if Omicron is 40% or 70% less likely to create hospitalisations.

End isolation for the asymptomatic like they have done in parts of Germany.

The BBC still saying 'might' about any hospital reduction this morning. That ship has sailed. It did so in most eyes at least a week ago but is now on the other side of the ocean. Maybe they are afraid they will have to find a new story to keep people hooked by doing journalism. God help us if an asteroid ever heads this way and we have to listen to the BBC for months telling us as it sails off into the galaxy that there remains a possibility it might turn around and come back.

There is being cautious and being scaremongering. I have worked for the beeb and sadly these games are not new.
As the forum probably knows, I am somewhat sceptical about the beneficial effects of lockdown, particularly when allied with shockingly high collateral damage they incur. However, I have always thought we’d be better with a government that treated us like adults, told the truth and advised caution when needed.
I think the one piece we need to be careful with, is still trying to think about the elderly and people living with poor health, who are the people most vulnerable to this disease.
The numbers you helpfully post everyday include the Zoe data and it’s still clear from that, that the over 70’s are still not catching this in big numbers and that MIGHT be where there will be an uptick in hospitalisations and mortality, should they catch it in anything like the numbers they have been infected before. Bearing that in mind I would say that, if people are visiting an elderly/vulnerable relative or friend, there is no harm in doing a quick LFT before going. A precautionary principle in action that would have huge upsides and no downsides.
That being said, I never would have visited those people in the past, had I had a cold or anything viral going on anyway but I appreciate that sometimes tradition outweighs expediency.

The NHS England primary diagnosis supplement has been released today (it's updated weekly)

It shows an increase of people primarily undergoing Covid treatment in NHS England to 4,432 on December 21. Compared to 4,387 on December 14 (its last release). A tiny increase of just 45 people.

The overall increase of people in hospital with Covid is 259 over the same period, meaning 83% of that overall increase is incidental Covid positive patients being treated for something else.

No surprise - Delta declining Omicron increasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.