Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will people still go for boosters when they read that protection wanes so quickly?
If they do not they are fools. GIven the facts we had on Omicron's evasion ability and that Israel are already starting a fourth dose roll out it was obvious this would be true. We will be giving a fourth jab to the over 80s by the end of January. Which looks about when it will be needed. Though Omicron may have blazed through the UK by then.

Everyone should try and catch it, end of covid then
Would it though? Plenty have had it more than once. How do those shielding catch it safely to end the pandemic not risk themselves? What if another variant arrives next year that has another trick to reinfect?

It will be a major factor in building immunity that so many WILL without trying given Omicron but you cannot strategise catching it and hoping for the best.

But it may by chance be a big kick in that direction I agree.

My brother said much the same to me today. Christmas will see it happen no doubt by accident. But I do not think we should try it as thats a bit like curing your fear of heights by climbing up Blackpool Tower without a rope.

Everyone should try and catch it, end of covid then
Isn't it safer to get a vaccine?

What happens by the way when another variant comes along. I've had the same thoughts as you, i.e. that omicron signals the beginning of the end but it only really ends when we get a vaccine that is targeted against the latest variants, and then it will be ongoing process.

We still have to get through this spike in cases too. Even though we know the virus to be generally milder, this is the hospital admissions for London. I want to see that turn decisively down, or the infection rate turn decisively down and that will be the signal that this wave is at its worse. I am optimistic like you but as you cam see from the graph below, for some people, infection ends up in hospital.

1640281008522.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.