Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to can the NHS cope or not?

It’s not for the public to be locked down or restricted every year because the NHS might not cope mate.

If I’m boring you, my apologies but I’m afraid you will just have to ignore me because I won’t keep quiet just to suit you.
Whether you think the NHS should or shouldn't be able to cope without public restrictions has no relevance.
We have to deal with the reality of how things are not how we think they should be. If hospitals start to struggle or we think they might then we need to do whatever is needed to protect them like it or don't.

My brother has just received a PCR test though the post recorded delivery. He's not asked for one but is still classed as vulnerable as he's recently finished chemotherapy.

Were at a loss why he's got one and I can only assume it's because of the shortages

Lol. Not there tonight mate. I will be glued to the TV. Are you there mate? I think it’s going to be a tough game but fingers crossed I see as 2-1 or 3-1 win.
Yeah, just on the train now. Bagged a room at the Premier Inn Kew Bridge for £37.50. Shame you’re not down as I’d have bought that pint I owe you from years ago ha ha.
Yeah, think it’ll be a tough game. I’ll take a stuffy 1-0 win!

Yeah, just on the train now. Bagged a room at the Premier Inn Kew Bridge for £37.50. Shame you’re not down as I’d have bought that pint I owe you from years ago ha ha.
Yeah, think it’ll be a tough game. I’ll take a stuffy 1-0 win!
I’m targeting Norwich and the Coach and Horses for my next away trip lol. It’s usually a top weekend.

My brother has just received a PCR test though the post recorded delivery. He's not asked for one but is still classed as vulnerable as he's recently finished chemotherapy.

Were at a loss why he's got one and I can only assume it's because of the shortages

The people who are vulnerable they have that new antiviral tablets for them, you feel ill use that pcr test send it of if positive I presume you get these tablets. One thing with these antiviral tablets is you have to start taking them as early as possible once you get that positive PCR test back.

Super immunity apparently. Even better than a booster. I've gone down this same route and in all likelihood I won't get the booster now. Just don't see the point.
Don’t they say it wanes after about 10-12 weeks? If so a booster for you may be wise around the end of March.

Nobody knows for sure if the NHS will cope or not. That’s the gamble Boris has taken. Tougher restrictions might not change the possibilities that much anyway. The NHS has to cope to a degree anyway (by definition) as an emergency service.

You keep fantasising about these non-existent lockdowns. I must have imagined that I’ve been at 3 Premier League football matches, in various pubs and gatherings with friends and family in the last 10 days.
You clearly live in England.

Whether you think the NHS should or shouldn't be able to cope without public restrictions has no relevance.
We have to deal with the reality of how things are not how we think they should be. If hospitals start to struggle or we think they might then we need to do whatever is needed to protect them like it or don't.

Locking people down and restrictions is not the way to do it, like that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.