Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those England hospital deaths should have this thread in shock.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

1012 in England in hospital alone.

Utterly tragic

We will have a giant number of deaths today - maybe over 1500.

Have we become so desensitised to the lives ended by the virus + dithering?
Sadly, I think several of us feared these sorts of numbers were coming for days or weeks. The numbers aren’t a big shock but they are terrible. Such a sad loss of lives.

Details of 1012 England hospital deaths:

For first time ever TWO regions (London 202 and Midlands 201) topped 200 and another was at 199 (South East).

North West got away comparatively lightly at 'just' 106. Just under 11%.

Only Yorkshire (at 91) and South West (at 49) had under 100. And so under 10%

Today's numbers are truly awful.

We are starting to reap the consequences of acting way too slow in December over the new variant.
Grim but sadly, too many people not arsed.

Horrible figures today in England alone never mind the UK. NHS staff are suffering from PTSD and turning to the drink bless em.

Cases down and positivity down - not quite as bad as ayrshire blue had indicated

Yes I was a little puzzled too. The deaths on Wednesday everywhere have weekend catch up added so are often high. England will too.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS THE WORST EVER.

Even in the first wave they never topped 1000.

Today they have at 1012.

Recall these are hospital only NOT all settings. Nor UK.

This IS a number to worry about Ayrshire. Though sadly no surprise.

Perhaps I should clarify. Recent days have saw quite significant decreases both to individual numbers and the % positive rate with comparison to the same days of the previous week. Yesterday for example saw nearly 700 fewer cases than last Tuesday's number. This week is only 90 down and lingers at an exceptionally high number with almost 2000 cases. The % positive rate is minimally lower. Hence, nothing like the optimism which the previous few days have provided.

I realise this is only one day, perhaps tomorrow will bring a more significant drop (hopefully), but a plateau at that level I don't really see as any sort of good news. Especially when the hospital and death figures are at such high levels.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

Utterly tragic

Have we become so desensitised to the lives ended by the virus?

Or how we have got to this point?

The figures are appalling. Anything else I write would get moved to the politics thread.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

Utterly tragic

Have we become so desensitised to the lives ended by the virus?

Or how we have got to this point?

i was expecting these sort of figures, if not more around now. so nope, not shocked or suprised, sadly.

Why are people saying the Wales figures are bad?

100,000+ is >3% of the population - I think the UK figure is ~4%. Doesn't seem so different? Do i have something wrong?

Sorry, I must have misread something in here. I swear I read someone saying they've had a bad start. I stand corrected if so.

More on the 1012 England hospital deaths:

Ages:

20 - 39 (2) 0.3%

40 - 59 (64) 6.3%

60 - 79 (382) 37.7%

80 + (564) 55.7 %

No sign of any change in the distribution as yet.

Though those 20 year ranges need updating.

I saw the total numbers yesterday and these revealed a wider age split as being used to define the priority lists for the vaccine.

We need these daily to check progress as we go through the bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.