Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I had was from the University of London in conjunction with the NHS, got a test kit in the post, consists of taking your blood with a small lancet and placing a drop on a small piece of plastic and then applying a solution to the kit. It then gives a reading to indicate if you have the antibodies, it's very similar looking to a pregnancy test kit. There is also a quite lengthy on line questionnaire to complete.
Yes, seems to be the same, have just registered and will see if I’m selected, think the questionnaire is after the test so there is no bias, based on symptom history, of who is selected.

Expect I would test negative as I’ve had no symptoms, although having antibodies meaning I’ve had it asymptomatically would be a relief.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS THE WORST EVER.

Even in the first wave they never topped 1000.

Today they have at 1012.

Recall these are hospital only NOT all settings. Nor UK.

This IS a number to worry about Ayrshire. Though sadly no surprise.

Last edited:
ENGLAND VACCINATION DATA

187, 645 in past 24 hours

2, 254, 556 - First doses

407, 294 - Second doses

Running England Total 2, 661, 850.

We'll have to considerably up our rate if we want to hit that target. Call that 200k per day. The target was around 14million by mid Feb, and that only gets less than half of that at 6.5m or something. If it carries on at that rate we're miles off the pace.

Edit - noticed that's England only. Depends on how many the others are adding I guess, though knowing how badly its started in Wales id be surprised if its substantial. Scotland looks better though.

Details of 1012 England hospital deaths:

For first time ever TWO regions (London 202 and Midlands 201) topped 200 and another was at 199 (South East).

North West got away comparatively lightly at 'just' 106. Just under 11%.

Only Yorkshire (at 91) and South West (at 49) had under 100. And so under 10%

Today's numbers are truly awful.

We are starting to reap the consequences of acting way too slow in December over the new variant.

Yes, seems to be the same, have just registered and will see if I’m selected, think the questionnaire is after the test so there is no bias, based on symptom history, of who is selected.

Expect I would test negative as I’ve had no symptoms, although having antibodies meaning I’ve had it asymptomatically would be a relief.
Yep, hope you've had it asymptotically and are immune. My mate and colleague had his done at an NHS facility on Plymouth Grove, I was sure he'd had it as he had similar symptoms to me but not quite as severe. He was confirmed as having antibodies and is donating plasma for the second time next week, it's a lengthy process, about 3 hours, take your blood, extract the plasma then put your blood back, I can't do because of the medication I take but it's a great cause. Good luck.

I’d say it is. There are the totals from the other three home nations to add to that too.

It needs to be more but it is moving at pace in the right direction.
I posted Scotland and Wales earlier.

Maybe we really do need a data thread as these so easily get lost.

With each nation reporting everything separately it can be hard to keep up.

Those England hospital deaths are the single worst numbers I have ever posted and silence.

If we as a nation just accept this kind of thing we are in big trouble.

As it is likely to get worse before it gets better. And we should be be asking questions not just accepting it as inevitable.

Last edited:
Those England hospital deaths should have this thread in shock.

But no comments?

I am horrified.

1012 in England in hospital alone.

Utterly tragic

We will have a giant number of deaths today - maybe over 1500.

Have we become so desensitised to the lives ended by the virus?

Or how we have got to this point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.