Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police in East London broke up a wedding party of 400 guests last night. The organiser was was issued with a £10k fine and some party goers got smaller fines.

The event was held at an ultra orthodox school where the Chief Rabbi / Principal had died of Covid a while back

If only 17 percent with symptoms are getting tested then even more millions more have had it than official numbers. This 40,000 a day currently could be more like 200,000?

Makes death rate lower? And combined with vaccine number at say 300,000 then maybe half a million a day are achieving a degree of immunity?
Having symptoms doesn’t mean you’ve got it though, don’t forget.

Police in East London broke up a wedding party of 400 guests last night. The organiser was was issued with a £10k fine and some party goers got smaller fines.

The event was held at an ultra orthodox school where the Chief Rabbi / Principal had died of Covid a while back
The Mrs just told me about this.

We're too soft my miles about this sort of utter shite. It's like 1 year on now since this thing started and we have approaching 100,000 people in the UK alone who are dead, and we are STILL getting shite like this going on.

We need to start handing out minimum £1,000 fines for the attendees and prison sentences for organisers. There can be zero excuse for this kind of thing. It's killing people FFS.

Some people are blatantly flouting the rules. My neighbour went to work the other week to a factory who make you go and get a test if you have symptoms or live with someone who has tested positive or been advised to isolate via test and trace etc... when they come back with a negative test result (text message) they are forwarding it to colleagues who test positive, who edit the text so they can come in to work, show the employer they have a “negative” test result - as they get no sick pay!!!

Don't forget that you can only get a test if you have a very specific group of symptoms, that is fever, continuous cough or loss of taste/smell. If you have anything else then you cannot get a test (unless you lie). I had a fever alone before Xmas and got a test but was negative, there will be people out there who have a cold but will be positive.

It's well known with COVID that it can cause a massive range of symptoms ranging from a sniffle to diarrhea and we know that around 15-25% get no symptoms at all.

It's guaranteed that the figure with COVID who have the 'wrong' symptoms or no symptoms will be very high and that's how the virus has spread so well.
This definitely needs looking at. They need to widen the list of symptoms that qualify for a test. As it happens, first thing Monday morning when I was in work and the text came through from a colleague that he’d tested positive the 4 of us who were in work all went for a test despite not showing any symptoms at the time because we’d all been in contact with the infected guy the week before (very close contact in my case because he’d given me a lift to work all week), and sure enough we all tested positive.

Some people are blatantly flouting the rules. My neighbour went to work the other week to a factory who make you go and get a test if you have symptoms or live with someone who has tested positive or been advised to isolate via test and trace etc... when they come back with a negative test result (text message) they are forwarding it to colleagues who test positive, who edit the text so they can come in to work, show the employer they have a “negative” test result - as they get no sick pay!!!
I mean - what chance have we got when people are doing that?

This definitely needs looking at. They need to widen the list of symptoms that qualify for a test. As it happens, first thing Monday morning when I was in work and the text came through from a colleague that he’d tested positive the 4 of us who were in work all went for a test despite not showing any symptoms at the time because we’d all been in contact with the infected guy the week before (very close contact in my case because he’d given me a lift to work all week), and sure enough we all tested positive.
It also needs looking at because for example my cousin who works for Poundland, or whatever it's called, has been told that because he's been self isolating due to a warning on the app, they are not letting him return to work unless he provides a clear test result. But he has no symptoms and is not eligible for a free test. He's on zero hours and earns bugger all.

Unbelievable. This is why everyone should be fined, not just the organiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.