Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im lost for words at this video. These people need dealing with properly

Massively frustrating isn't it.
You cannot argue with a brick wall (living alone in a flat....I've tried).
It is of course causing a lot of stress & anger but it's also weeding out the idiots.
It's had the bizarre effect of making me look lovingly towards a more authoritarian system....
BBC News doing a good little snippet on the state of the health of the nation contributing to our death rate.

A GP from Fleetwood said “this is decade after decade of ignoring public health warnings, with obesity being a far larger problem than it should be”.

It’s not just being fat, but also not ingesting the right or enough nutrients to live healthily. And I’ve found that it’s cheaper to eat a healthy diet than it is an unhealthy one.

I’ve been saying throughout this that we need a health revolution after Covid has passed. I hope it happens!
Indeed.
But again, my doctor mentioned the fact I was usually so fit & healthy had a detrimental effect on how this virus effected me...I never questioned that at the time but it sounds like my body over reacted (or at least my immune system did). Interested to find out why I (and others similar to me on here also got hit so badly by it) whilst others barely got sick.
Blood type? Viral load? Method of transmission (close family member rather than aerosol)?

Pointing out someone is wrong is not pedantic.

Oh dear. When you give your wife hundred quid and she spends 98 on a dress do you ask her for 2 quid back? That’s about the same percentage difference between 500000 and 491170.

pedantic in the extreme is exactly what it was!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest issue for me is that it is a waste of a question from someone acting on behalf of the nation's public broadcaster.
I really can’t stand her, she seems to have a permanent sneer on her face.

Apart from that she barged into me trying to run after a limo leaving the Houses of Parliament with her younger colleague.

GM Scoreboard:

1100 - up 97 from 1003. 36.7% of North West Total which rose by 68 to 2997. Rise of 2.5% on yesterday, Biggest day to day rise in a while and up 4.5% in last 48 hours when cases in UK fell by thousands.

3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v Today:- 1152 v 1833 v 1169 v 1100

On the face of it a fall over the new year but GM needs to get below 1000 some day soon.

Pop Score is cases across whole pandemic v 100,000 people - rises daily but lower the better.

Weekly Pop is same measure across last 7 days only. Can rise or fall depending on if more cases or less occur today v the same day last week.

Either way Up is bad, down is good.

Manchester 226 – up from 210. Total 44, 417. Weekly 1927. Pop score up 41 to take Manchester into the 8000 club at 8034. Weekly Pop down 7 to 348.

Stockport 141 – up from 100. Total cases 16, 717. Weekly 890. Pop score up 48 to 5745. Highest rise in GM today a rarity for Stockport to be up here. Not a great day. Weekly Pop up 9 to 303. That stay in the 200 club was short lived!

Salford 125 - up from 82. Total cases 19, 154. Weekly 886. Pop score up 48 to 7400. Not good day here either Weekly Pop up 10 to 342.

Wigan 114 - up from 108. Total cases 24, 274. Weekly 1070. Pop score up 35 to 7386. Weekly Pop down 1 to 326.

Bolton 97- down from 117. Total cases 21, 007. Weekly 934. Pop score up 34 to 7306. Weekly Pop down 9 to 325.

Bury 93- up from 67. Total cases 14, 470. Weekly 590. Holds onto lowest weekly total. Pop score up 48 to 7576. Shares highest Pop rise with Stockport. Weekly Pop up 2 to 309.

Tameside 84 – down from 90. Total cases 14, 813. Weekly 745. Pop score up 37 to 6540. Weekly Pop stays at 329.

Rochdale 77 - up from 75. Total cases 17, 751. Weekly 656. Pop score up 34 to 7981.Weekly Pop down 16 to 295. As Stockport slips out of the 200s Rochdale takes its place.

Oldham 76 - down from 78. Total cases 19, 547. Weekly 616. Pop score up 32 to 8244. Weekly Pop up 3 to 260.

Trafford 67- down from 76. Total cases 13, 934. Weekly 699. Pop score up 29 to 5871. Lowest rise in GM today and best figures from Trafford in a while, Enough to bite big into Stockport's overall Pop Score lead by another 19 to reduce it to 126. Weekly Pop down 13 to 295. Very good day for Trafford all round. Probably best figures in GM from any borough since Christmas.

Oh dear. When you give your wife hundred quid and she spends 98 on a dress do you ask her for 2 quid back? That’s about the same percentage difference between 500000 and 491170.

pedantic in the extreme is exactly what it was!!
I give up.

You've seen the number today I assume ? Only 220k below what you said.

I merely pointed out that "500k a day" ie every day it wasn't, and it's still not, not even close, it was close one day, and one day only.

I give up.

You've seen the number today I assume ? Only 220k below what you said.

I merely pointed out that "500k a day" ie every day it wasn't, and it's still not, not even close, it was close one day, and one day only.

No it is me that is giving up! You are simply not getting it! Read invisibles post a few after my original. He got it completely. Judge how many we have at the end of this week and the context of my original post. And still no apology for the unnecessary political dig?

please note the word context and take a step back and have a think.

very strange! Why you got so het up over my post I have no idea?

context and total overreaction spring to mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.