Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much summed up the past 12 months or so of press questions. At least the ones about PPE have fallen by the wayside and don’t forget the ones about we need notice before you close us down. Right you have five days notice is usually followed by either that’s not enough notice or it’s too much.
Tbh I stopped watching the questions last May, but it’s not hard to imagine what is asked.

I am convinced that the last thing the Government want it a population who know how to manage money for themselves, its no coincidence that the rich let the money work for them through investments etc..

The economy relies on people spending what they have, as they say give a poor person £500 and he will spend it on food, entertainment and the like, this spreads through society.
Give £500 to a rich person and they will just bank it and take it out of the system.
Totally spot on. Financial management and home finances should be on the curriculum just like English and Maths. I would love to know if it is in other countries. But like you say the powers that be don't want that or a population capable of critical thinking to quote George Carlin!

Totally spot on. Financial management and home finances should be on the curriculum just like English and Maths. I would love to know if it is in other countries. But like you say the powers that be don't want that or a population capable of critical thinking to quote George Carlin!
Ahhh, George Carlin, now there was a guy who could see what was happening and how to get it across well.

Funny guy,

It's groundhog Day. The press have been shocking throughout all this with very few exceptions. They have helped to demoralise the public, thank God we didn't have this whole shower around in WW2.
The Mrs and I have said this so often.
The media are constantly looking for the negative slant. Whilst I dont think we should all happy clappy, mistakes have clearly been made.
But it would be nice on the odd occasion if the BBC could show something positive. Whenever schools are mentioned it’s always negative, yet both the teachers and students, in the main, have been brilliant through the pandemic.

It’s always the same.
When we are out of lockdown “Prime Minister why haven’t you put us in lockdown and close the schools and pubs?”
When we go into lockdown “Prime Minister why isn’t the lockdown harder?”
After a few weeks of lockdown “Prime Minister why aren’t we opening the schools and pubs, why do we have to stay in lockdown?”
When we come out of lockdown ”Prime Minister why haven’t you kept the lockdown longer?”

Its so predictable and like being in the nine circles of hell

i can’t abide it - journalism is a shameful profession these days.

The attack on any journalist asking a question is a bit tedious - they are asking a wide variety each time. I don’t see the problem whether it’s regarding travel, death toll estimations and anything else.

what specific questions are they not answering that we desperately need to know ?

seriously you Londoners have strange views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.