Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s she going to do. It’s a tough one.
She's thinking of not having the NHS one with the Novo being protein based and her having had a stem cell transplant a couple of years ago it'll probably sit better than the others.

Told her it's her choice as I'll be late April for the NHS it'll not change our behaviour patterns but if it was me I'd be having the NHS one if I'd not had the Novo asap.

She's thinking of not having the NHS one with the Novo being protein based and her having had a stem cell transplant a couple of years ago it'll probably sit better than the others.

Told her it's her choice as I'll be late April for the NHS it'll not change our behaviour patterns but if it was me I'd be having the NHS one if I'd not had the Novo asap.
At 57 I’m unlikely to be offered it much before the end of March anyway. So I’m happy to have Novavax. And is a win/win for my 18 year old daughter on it. Goodness knows when she would get the NHS one.

This was basically where it all went tits up isn’t it, they thought it was LIKE Flu

Last edited:
This was basically where it all went tits up isn’t it, they thought it was LIKE Flu

It was a fairly widespread assumption in the west and much planning was built around it.

Why the far east coped much better as they have had a history of these viruses spreading quickly but they never got beyond there in the past and stopped before they went pandemic.

The west seriously under estimated this risk.

About a year before Covid hit there was a BBC documentary that simulated a UK pandemic and was scarily predictive. But it too based its scenario on a kind of flu too and took some wrong decisions because of that.

The death rate in that simulation using modern tech and contact tracing mobiles around one small town shows if anything why we under estimated what really happened by planning for the wrong disaster.

But it was still very instructive and should have flagged up errors we made before we made them.

If you have never seen it the one hour experiment (it was in essence a simulated pandemic using real ordinary people who were 'infected' or not by chance via their mobiles telling them yes or no and what to do and using that tech to map how and where it spread).

It is on You Tube free to watch - just search for BBC Contagion made in 2018.

Look at the death figures too there as they rise in the simulation and wonder.

By another strange irony the small town they chose by chance to set the pandemic experiment was where one of the first couple of UK transmissions really occurred in the Covid outbreak.

This virus has been playing a Cosmic joke on humanity from day one,

At 57 I’m unlikely to be offered it much before the end of March anyway. So I’m happy to have Novavax. And is a win/win for my 18 year old daughter on it. Goodness knows when she would get the NHS one.
Just had a call, she had the Novo one on the trial so job done.

Also means our bank balance will go tits up tho as I'm going to send her food shopping rather than me now in future.

I'm in your age group, if we get it in March I'll be happily surprised.

Wales vaccination update:

490, 570 first doses - 28, 293 today - was 22, 857 day before

1216 second doses given 46 yesterday - 43 day before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.