Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great day for Greater Manchester sadly Up by 53 of the 71 the NW rose by - bumping up the GM percentage by 1.6% to 45. 8%

The blame today is firmly on one borough - Stockport. Account for 32 of that 53 rise (to 96) on their own and highest here in 10 days.

Also a big week to week jump , the highest Pop Score rise in GM today (very unusual for Stockport) and close to the same cases as Manchester who were down at their lowest number in weeks (106).

No idea where today came from because most other boroughs did well. Three boroughs in the 30s And everyone else except Bury down week to week.

Probably just a one off day but it puts Trafford now 26 in front on the best Pop Score in GM when only two or three weeks ago they were nearly 200 behind.

So Trafford outperforming Stockport in a big way right now.

Which is depressing - as sometimes predictions are off and the vaccine is much less effective than anticipated - and often many people come down with the flu each year in spite of the availability of vaccines.

COVID-19 unfortunately is much more lethal than the flu (save for certain - e.g, 1918 - flu variants).

Worst case - vaccinations just prevent infection from the previous strain - to ensure safety of the populace, extant distancing/masking/safety protocols are necessary perhaps in a slightly attenuated form - which obviously has a massive impact on our economy.

On the whole, a deadly, mutating virus able to evade vaccines - is a very upsetting development.

Yet I've some hope - as bioengineering is experiencing exponential growth in sophistication. We might well develop some sort of silver bullet in the next decade or two.
I’ve been out today so missed some of the recent discussions but as far as I am aware, the vaccines are doing very well. It’s only the South African strain Thst significantly reduced Ed the effectiveness of the vaccines against routine illness, as far as I am aware.

I’ve been out today so missed some of the recent discussions but as far as I am aware, the vaccines are doing very well. It’s only the South African strain Thst significantly reduced Ed the effectiveness of the vaccines against routine illness, as far as I am aware.
Watch this interview with Michael Osterholm if you're able to:

i will let you know in ten to twenty years.
Well, at least you're on Bluemoon - so you're reading differing opinions - will this deprogram you? I hope so. At least it may get you thinking.

Science isn't partisan - it's just facts - and perhaps expert opinion on what to do given the facts.

Politics in stark opposition to science should be questioned - why are such non-expert politicians so confident in their approach - and more to the point - better informed than life-long experts in the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.