Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the damage being done to kids is huge. They have to go back.

totally agree. But for 2 weeks ? And then there off again. That 2 weeks ‘could’ result in a another surgence. Why take the risk. Just wait till after Easter hols.
Also likely majority of teachers will be vaccinated by then.

I get you stand by Boris and the Tory’s no matter what - but every time some decision like this has been taken, they’ve either cocked it up or u-turned.

totally agree. But for 2 weeks ? And then there off again. That 2 weeks ‘could’ result in a another surgence. Why take the risk. Just wait till after Easter hols.

I get you stand by Boris and the Tory’s no matter what - but every time some decision like this has been taken, they’ve either cocked it up or u-turned.

nothing to do with the tories not interested in political points with this issue. I have 3 kids suffering and millions more do. Just wait until after the Easter hols is another 5 weeks away. That’s a long time. I absolutely ageee with the stance schools take priority over hospitality and pubs etc.

they had to go back at some point. When the NHS is able to cope and deaths are falling and cases falling and vaccines working seems reasonable??

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing to do with the tories not interested in political points with this issue. I have 3 kids suffering and millions more do. Just wait until after the Easter hols is another 5 weeks away. That’s a long time. I absolutely ageee with the stance schools take priority over hospitality and pubs etc.

so if the Goverment announced schools will reopen after the Easter holidays .. you would say this is not good enough ? And be on here angry at that decision

17,582,121 people vaccinated so far out of 56,100,100 in the UK. Discounting under 18s ineligible for the jab. Nearly a third done already! We're getting there!!

so if the Goverment announced schools will reopen after the Easter holidays .. you would say this is not good enough ? And be on here angry at that decision

I would go with what they decide like I always do. They know more than us with the help of scientists. Of course it has not been perfect it has not been anywhere on the world. Forum and Facebook people critical of people who know more helps no one. Loads of know all’s will be moaning tomorrow.

It’s another 7 weeks from now then before the kids would go back. It’s too long. The whole idea is schools first then check the data. If you wait until mid April before they go back then wait for data when then do you expect anything else to open? May/June/July? Schools are at 50% capacity this time anyhow so the impact won’t be as great and the vaccine roll out continues.

I would go with what they decide like I always do. They know more than us with the help of scientists. Of course it has not been perfect it has not been anywhere on the world. Forum and Facebook people critical of people who know more helps no one. Loads of know all’s will be moaning tomorrow.

but how many times have us annoying know all’s been proven right.

schools went back for one day a couple months ago, one day. Millions of kids mingling before the Goverment admitted they got it wrong.

how many of us know all’s said what a farce to allow Xmas mingling for 5 days. Before the Goverment agreed and cancelled their decision which by then was way to late.

Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead, the airports, track and trace disaster.

I agree, that the Goverment stick at times is nauseating, but they really have cocked up so many decisions that were obvious to everyone at the time - allowing schools to go back for a couple weeks before breaking up again seems another bizarre decision, once again though I really hope I’m wrong and it turns out to be the correct decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.