Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how many times have us annoying know all’s been proven right.

schools went back for one day a couple months ago, one day. Millions of kids mingling before the Goverment admitted they got it wrong.

how many of us know all’s said what a farce to allow Xmas mingling for 5 days. Before the Goverment agreed and cancelled their decision which by then was way to late.

Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead, the airports, track and trace disaster.

I agree, that the Goverment stick at times is nauseating, but they really have cocked up so many decisions that were obvious to everyone at the time - allowing schools to go back for a couple weeks before breaking up again seems another bizarre decision, once again though I really hope I’m wrong and it turns out to be the correct decision.
So you’d send them back mid April? This is a 5 or 6 week term depending on the school not 4 so it’s not back for 2 weeks anywhere. They’ve missed 10 months out of the last 12 already. Then we wait a couple of weeks before opening up anything else? So now it’s mid May? Then what?

but how many times have us annoying know all’s been proven right.

schools went back for one day a couple months ago, one day. Millions of kids mingling before the Goverment admitted they got it wrong.

how many of us know all’s said what a farce to allow Xmas mingling for 5 days. Before the Goverment agreed and cancelled their decision which by then was way to late.

Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead, the airports, track and trace disaster.

I agree, that the Goverment stick at times is nauseating, but they really have cocked up so many decisions that were obvious to everyone at the time - allowing schools to go back for a couple weeks before breaking up again seems another bizarre decision, once again though I really hope I’m wrong and it turns out to be the correct decision.

I am not in the mood mate to put my point across on the government. If I do I will just get abuse. All I will say on some of your points is they changed tack quickly when the new faster spread variant was discovered. Some would say stopping kids mixing after one day was decisive. This has not been an easy task and as I say repeatedly I just see good men trying hard to solve it. It is a thankless task. Just want to see my kids back at school like everyone else and happy to sacrifice pubs and football for that to happen like most parents.

So you’d send them back mid April? This is a 5 or 6 week term depending on the school not 4 so it’s not back for 2 weeks anywhere. They’ve missed 10 months out of the last 12 already. Then we wait a couple of weeks before opening up anything else? So now it’s mid May? Then what?

going on the basis that allowing schools to go back for 2 weeks. Before breaking up again just seems logically madness.

waiting till after the holidays would allow millions more to vaccinated including teachers, as you say they’ve already missed 10 months, for the sake of avoiding any chance of another lockdown. Why not wait till after the holidays instead of sending them back for 2 weeks.

(going on the basis of the poster that mentioned it was only for 2 weeks)

It’s another 7 weeks from now then before the kids would go back. It’s too long. The whole idea is schools first then check the data. If you wait until mid April before they go back then wait for data when then do you expect anything else to open? May/June/July? Schools are at 50% capacity this time anyhow so the impact won’t be as great and the vaccine roll out continues.
It's not 'schools first' though is it? Nearly everything besides hospitality has been open as usual with the exception of gyms and shops that don't sell any food or drink. We've already made the decision to open / not close plenty of other stuff, and of all the good reasons for opening schools, containing the virus is not one of them.

ahh. In that case. I take it back and blame Alan Harper’s tash !
Ha, no worries. It’s an incredibly difficult call for the government to make tbf. As a parent I think it’s vital to get kids back as soon as possible, as their education, mental and physical health are suffering greatly. At the same time though, I fully understand concerns that it could lead to a new spike in cases and potentially jeopardise the sacrifices we’ve all made. Pros and cons to both arguments, and neither option is ideal really. Don’t envy those making these decisions.

The government have a decision to make and will get criticised from 2 different sides for 1/ Not ending the lockdown soon enough and 2/ Ending the lockdown too soon. I'm not suggesting that whatever they decide will be correct but it is indeed a thankless task which will face masses of criticism for whatever they do (or don't do). I have sympathy in this respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.