Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh. In that case. I take it back and blame Alan Harper’s tash !

Apologies. It’s 3.8 weeks of schooling before Easter.

In the grand scheme of things, I do feel that opening up for 19 days will set us back more than the kids would suffer.

I do understand it’s a tough decision and their are positives and negatives, but we’re nearly there.

One last effort to get beyond Easter and millions more vaccines will save countless lives.

Apologies. It’s 3.8 weeks of schooling before Easter.

In the grand scheme of things, I do feel that opening up for 19 days will set us back more than the kids would suffer.

I do understand it’s a tough decision and their are positives and negatives, but we’re nearly there.

One last effort to get beyond Easter and millions more vaccines will save countless lives.
Difference is this time schools are operating around 50% capacity already. Teachers are in school teaching classes every day since January. Our school has 330 pupils, first lockdown there were 30 kids in, this time 176 are in. This isn’t untypical. So getting the rest in shouldn’t cause huge spikes like it did in September. Plus by Mar 8th we’ll have vaccines done for around 23 million (virtually every body over 60 and those at most risk).

Unfortunately not. Personally I think they should be prioritised but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
I don't have kids but surely it's a no brainer for the gov, to put families mind at rest that teachers are at least vaccinated.

After tomorrow's announcement dates etc, i can see a backlash in ref to teachers and maybe a week or so mad rush to give them vaccines.

That is disappointing with schools opening soon, surely teachers are priority for vaccination.
I, for once have some sympathy with this government. I personally think besides the vaccine process this government have been very poor to say the least. But having a 28 year old son and most of his friends are now unemployed due to Covid , we have to start opening schools and businesses up as soon as possible . But do ANY of us trust that this is the right time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.