Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I know from family first hand that you can be a Covid death even when it is 90% sure Covid did not actually kill you.

But yes it is exaggeration to make a point. Hopefully not literally true.
So far as I am aware, individuals who end up in hospital with obvious Covid and complications are not tested its just acknowledged that they have Covid. If and when they die its the complication that killed them and so is not recorded as a covid stat. If this is the case it probably significantly outnumbers those run over by a bus. Perhaps a health industry worker could let us know if my belief is correct?

So after April 15 then when they do the rest of the population will thet be done by age or just a free for all?

Blue Lama in practice it is NOT that simple. But too raw to go through the story again. It is explained earlier on in this thread.

Just to say you can test positive, beat Covid but be kept in hospital for weeks and die from something else whilst waiting to go home or actually do go home and because you had covid when you came into hospital you become a covid death even if it did not actually kill you.

No idea how often that happens. But it happens.

Just had an email from ZOE study saying they’re revising their daily cases and reckon they’ve been overestimating cases for just over a week.

Okay Greater Manchester update:

Good news day in GM - unless you live in Stockport - though only relatively speaking as even here had a significant case drop of 41 on yesterday (114 to 73) but was the only borough to have more cases in this lowest of low days than it had on this day last week.

Everyone else way down again. Manchester at 109 the only one over 100 today with a big week to week fall.

Six boroughs were under 50 today. Bury , Oldham, Salford, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan.

Trafford had just 29 and is now 44 points clear of Stockport as best overall Pop Score in GM and owns all the other titles - lowest scores, lowest weekly cases, lowest weekly Pop Score etc.

The overall GM total because of these falls was just 550 - the lowest since pre Christmas.

A drop of 414 - out of the 710 NW fall. So enough to take the county % back by 4.9% in one day to 45.2%.

So it was good news in GM happily.

Just had an email from ZOE study saying they’re revising their daily cases and reckon they’ve been overestimating cases for just over a week.
As I posted earlier today they did already and downgraded estimates to around what we actually got several hours before we got it.

So they seem to have figured out why they were over estimating.

So after April 15 then when they do the rest of the population will thet be done by age or just a free for all?
I don't think they have published any guidance on that but if everyone's risk is broadly similar there isn't the same imperative to vaccinate one group before another. Perhaps it will depend on supply. I can also see them vaccinating teachers, emergency workers etc and certain sectors after the over 50s get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.