Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland vaccination update:

1, 593, 695 first doses - 23, 542 yesterday - down from 27, 224 - but up from 19, 299 last week

76, 512 second doses - 4334 yesterday - down from 6838 - but up from 2006 last week

Spent much of my Friday evening firing off missives to my old friend (who’s not in the most stable physical & mental shapes) in order to let him know that bullshit he’s been reading or sent isn’t good for him.
He was in the precipice but managed to pull him back.

He always had a sharp, inquisitive brain but of course, a highly creative mind can be prone (perhaps) to think ‘alternatively’.
I think many of us have questioned a lot during this pandemic and with some very good dialogue on here I bet there’s been a fair bit of assuaging.

The relative is another matter however. Day one it was ‘great reset’, a bit of 5G, mass vaccinations via a nefarious Bill Gates...to bloody a US business woman citing the devil.
The Great reset, aliens landing on the White House lawn & a ‘rushed vaccine’ causing untold side effects...none have happened.
Many of these have painted themselves into a cul de sac. Vaccine passports may be the last straw.

The latest fight to the end is ‘I don’t do anything the queen or the gov tell me to do...(I mean...I could probably list countless times he does) and that he’s scared of needles and has suffered two anaphylactic shocks in past injections.

Not sure how possible that is? If he’d said that from day one I’d perhaps have more sympathy.

The rest of you need to stop breaking the rules,and keep your distance.
I don’t break any rules. I was quite happy with my AZ vaccine thanks anyhow. Of course fostering two kids who are at school means I could pick it up anytime from them so happy to have any vaccine. I’m not so important to think I would get a choice though unlike you.

England hospital deaths by age:

Big news the over 80s deaths NOT the highest for first time today.

Ages

20 - 39 (4) 2.7%

40 - 59 (5) 3.4%

60 - 79 75) 50.3%

80 PLUS (65) 43.6%

With numbers as low as today not wise to over judge - note the very low under 60s numbers in percentage too.

But such has been the skew towards higher ages with Covid this is the first time I ever recall seeing fewer deaths over 80 than in the 60 - 79 age range.

Just one day. But we will see where it goes.

I don’t break any rules. I was quite happy with my AZ vaccine thanks anyhow. Of course fostering two kids who are at school means I could pick it up anytime from them so happy to have any vaccine. I’m not so important to think I would get a choice though unlike you.
Wasn't having ago at you about the rules.

149 England hospital deaths by region:

6 South West, 15 East, 17 South East. 20 NE & Yorks, 25 North West, 26 London, 40 Midlands

13 in Barts London was the most. In the NW 6 in Liverpool was.

Week to week:-

563 / 86 NW / 15%

410 / 49 NW / 12%

301 / 49 NW / 16%

258 / 23 NW / 9%

149 / 25 NW / 17% Today

So still running a little high percentage wise in NW especially as the region under reports every weekend and catches up by adding extra mid week.

But the fall across the month is to almost a quarter of what it was.

England hospital deaths by age:

Big news the over 80s deaths NOT the highest for first time today.

Ages

20 - 39 (4) 2.7%

40 - 59 (5) 3.4%

60 - 79 75) 50.3%

80 PLUS (65) 43.6%

With numbers as low as today not wise to over judge - note the very low under 60s numbers in percentage too.

But such has been the skew towards higher ages with Covid this is the first time I ever recall seeing fewer deaths over 80 than in the 60 - 79 age range.

Just one day. But we will see where it goes.
As you say, it's only one day but hopefully the start of a sustained period in which the percentage in the two older groups falls off. This is looking like even better news than what we had dared hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.