Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 185k 1st doses yesterday although that was up around 40k from previous Sunday. Need a big ramp up this month...

Just a cautionary note on the case numbers.

Pillar 1 & 2 Testing very low in past 2 days.

It was 716, 212 at end of last week to find 8523 cases

But was 589, 191 Saturday to find 7434 cases

Then fell to 367, 716 on Sunday to find 6035 cases.

Happily though it is back up to 510, 944 today for this even lower number of 5455 today.

So no major influence it would seem. But possibly a little impact on the degree of fall in last few days.

Still clearly going downward though.

Just a cautionary note on the case numbers.

Pillar 1 & 2 Testing very low in past 2 days.

It was 716 K at end of last week

But was 589, 191 Saturday, but fell to 367, 716 on Sunday

Happily though it is back up to 510, 944 today for this even lower number.

So no major influence it would seem.
Question in my ignorance - Would we not expect the number of tests to start to decline if there are many less people with symptoms needing tests ? I appreciate a number of groups (e.g. City) are getting tested irrespective of symptoms.

Question in my ignorance - Would we not expect the number of tests to start to decline if there are many less people with symptoms needing tests ? I appreciate a number of groups (e.g. City) are getting tested irrespective of symptoms.
Yes, of course - but that is why the ratio of tests to cases found matters. The positivity number I keep mentioning that the three other nations give you daily and England flat out ignore and make hard to even work out.

If tests fall by nearly 50% as they did in the data above and then rise back up as they did today but still well below the numbers on Friday that is bound to have some impact on the cases found.

But the drop is real - as I noted - just potentially a little exaggerated by the impact of weekend testing.

The positivity rating is the clearest measure as it is cases v tests - complex as that is now with the multiple types of test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.