Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland data:

8 deaths - was 17 last week

655 cases - was 682 last week

2.9% positivity - was 3.4% last week

162 in Greater Glasgow (last wk was 276), 138 Lothian (last wk 116) and 134 Lanarkshire (last wk 102)

397 patients in hospital - down 8 on yesterday - was 512 last wk

35 on ventilators - down 3 on yesterday - was 38 last week

Wales vaccination data:

1, 204, 101 first doses given- 23, 946 today - was 22, 904 yesterday & 22, 646 last week

318, 976 second doses given- 14, 565 today - was 15, 226 yesterday & 15, 455 last week

Scotland vaccination data:

2, 066, 460 first doses - 43, 458 today - was 41, 184 yesterday & 18, 836 last week

201, 435 second doses - 9355 today - was10, 221 yesterday & 7976 last week

97% of all 65 - 69 vaccinated

80% of all 60 - 64 vaccinated

46% of all 55 - 59 vaccinated

36% of all 50 - 54 vaccinated

This is 38% of the population but much higher if you only count adults over 18 - roughly 48%

Last edited:

Not trying to scare anyone as I suspect there are reasons behind this, but just goes to show what can and will happen if we're not careful. After weeks of hospital cases in Michigan (as is the case throughout most of the USA) the number of hospital patients had been falling rapidly. Recently, a rise in case numbers has reversed that trend and now hospital beds are filling up again.

Zoe app predicted new cases today down 53 to 4416.

Those with reported symptoms of Covid in UK down from 80, 905 yesterday to 78, 389 today

North West still with fewer cases predicted than all the England regions bar the four southern ones and also fewer than Scotland, Wales and N Ireland.

But is still in the mid zone for numbers whereas all the southern regions are below this level.

Northern Ireland also is starting to show a spike and is at its high point 6 times the upper North West level - 596 v 101.

This is not reflected in daily cases so we will have to watch to see if this is a mis step or an early warning.

But they will be surely impacted by having an EU country across a barely real border. If vaccinations are not happening fast there then likely there is no way that will not have an effect in the north.

Last edited:
Ireland are just today up to 10% of the population vaccinated.

That is under a third of Northern Ireland.

This will become an issue at some point. And flags up why it is wise not to think too far ahead about summer holidays in Europe.

Summer holidays in Ireland might yet be a problem.

The ONS study today suggests that cases in N Ireland and Scotland are either levelling off or even slightly rising.

But still falling in Wales and England.

Though ONS data is not as of now more as of last week remember.

Has anybody else who has recovered from covid had the Convalescent Plasma Donor Eligibility Test?
I did and got my results back last week, at 24.5 U/ml.. you need to have been above 65 U/ml to donate.
I tested positive at the end of January and only had minor symptoms(had that weird taste and smell but didn't lose taste or smell completely).
I donated 10 times. From around the end of June to Feb. My levels were high up to December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.