Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Increase at the rate Scotland currently is for just two weeks will do it.

Maybe by UK government spin, but the vaccines, even against delta, are if anything better than what was originally seen as the target efficacy.

Most epidemiologists have been cautioning a long road from the very start.

Vaccines not being a perfect silver bullet don't mean they're not making a huge difference.
i understand this, but like quite a few on here I duspect, i dont quite undertand how hospital numbers have increased so much when we have such a high proportion of the poulation vaccinated.

Where is the herd immunity that was being talked about, is this ever going to kick in. Seems like case numbers hospitalisations and deaths are just going to increase, albeit at a slower rate than before, regardless of how many get vaccinated.

Pls dont take this the wrong way, as I always have been and will continue to be a very strong advocate of vaccination.

Again, every time the data keeps coming in daily it keeps leading me to the possible scenario that restrictions will become a long term feature of life along with 1 to 2 possible annual lockdowns a year if the current data keeps its pace. The vaccines have reversed a lot of damage but seemingly by November it still won’t have been enough if hospital admissions keep rising. Fucking depressing. We’re in for the long fucking haul, what a fucking shit timeline this is.

Again, every time the data keeps coming in daily it keeps leading me to the possible scenario that restrictions will become a long term feature of life along with 1 to 2 possible annual lockdowns a year if the current data keeps its pace. The vaccines have reversed a lot of damage but seemingly by November it still won’t have been enough if hospital admissions keep rising. Fucking depressing. We’re in for the long fucking haul, what a fucking shit timeline this is.
Covid will be part of our lives for years. By the time we vaccinate the planet, the new, more virulent, and they always go that way, variants, will mean an endless cycle of new vaccines. Until we are all dead. True story.

Covid will be part of our lives for years. By the time we vaccinate the planet, the new, more virulent, and they always go that way, variants, will mean an endless cycle of new vaccines. Until we are all dead. True story.
I’m fully aware covid is apart of our lives now. What’s also looking likely is we are nowhere near to been truly on top of it and are in for more years of shit.

I’m fully aware covid is apart of our lives now. What’s also looking likely is we are nowhere near to been truly on top of it and are in for more years of shit.
We are both singing from the same hymsheet. Our descent into a self inflicted end gathers pace by the year, nay, the month. Start stocking up on non perishables, you will thank me.

We are both singing from the same hymsheet. Our descent into a self inflicted end gathers pace by the year, nay, the month. Start stocking up on non perishables, you will thank me.
Covid is just a tickle, far worse coming down the line. It's going to get real messy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.