Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna do a test later and hoping it’s negative. How you feeling? Didn’t expect it to have this impact on me considering I’m double jabbed.
To be honest I haven’t been too bad, like a bad cold and cough, just left with a cough, and bit tired but not enough to keep me in bed.Hope it goes well for you.

NORTH WEST & GM HIGHLIGHTS

NW down 500 on the day to 2606 - lowest NW total in a month.

Both South East and London had more cases today as did the combined Midlands and NE & Yorkshire NHS regions.

The biggest falls were 798 in the South West but North West was second best and several regions actually went UP today including the North East, London and South East - though by small numbers of 100 or so.

Greater Manchester only fell by 61 of those NW 500 - so well below par. In fact only 4 boroughs had fewer cases today than yesterday in GM.

Nonetheless at 966 this was the lowest total number in GM in two weeks and only the second sub 1000 total in the last month.

GM split of the NW total today was 37.1% - which is better than usual - so though up on recent days is better than average based on population.

Week to week North West fell by 433 from 3039 to 2606

Of this Greater Manchester fell by 265 - which is above expectations.

The Wk to Wk GM percentage of the NW seven days ago was 40.5% - so 37.1% today represents a good week to week fall for GM over the North West.

That is the most important number week to week as it evens out day to day test fluctuations.

Last edited:
GREATER MANCHESTER NUMBERS

MANCHESTER 161 - DOWN 5 on day & DOWN 62 week to week - LOWEST MANCHESTER SCORE IN OVER A MONTH

STOCKPORT 133 - UP 3 on day & DOWN 47 week to week - Just 28 behind Manchester shows SK still has problems but big fall week to week is a good start

WIGAN 126 - UP 12 on day & DOWN 2 week to week - flat!

SALFORD 107 - UP 18 on day & DOWN 18 week to week - Though up Salford still doing well.

TAMESIDE 102 - UP 4 on day & DOWN 35 week to week - Tracking Stockport closely.

TRAFFORD 83 - DOWN 31 on day & DOWN 35 week to week - better day than Stockport cut the Pop Lead by a lot today.

ROCHDALE 67 - UP 3 on day & DOWN 12 week to week - good numbers here still

BURY 65 - DOWN 5 on the day & UP 1 week to week - fairly flat here too

OLDHAM 64 - SAME as yesterday & DOWN 28 week to week - Oldham/Bury/Rochdale running similar numbers

BOLTON 58 - DOWN 60 on yesterday & DOWN 30 week to week -happily back to best numbers in GM

Nobody really had a bad day. Though Stockport is still running high and with Tameside - the neighbours tracking one another closely - UP 45 here BOTH had the joint highest Pop Score rise today but the week to week falls for both mitigated that a lot.

AGAIN NOTABLE HOW ZOE PREDICTIONS ARE FAR BETTER THAN THEY USED TO BE IN GM.

Stockport fell day to day but was up week to week but not by so much.

Six of Stockport's last 7 days have been 139 - 139 - (170) - 140 - 139 - 130 - 133. That is pretty flat and trending down slowly.

POP Scores

Manchester up just 29 again to 14, 903 - lowest Pop Score here in weeks. Leading GM on highest Pop Score by 10 now from Oldham who were up just 26 to 14, 893.

Trafford up 35 to 11, 694

Whereas Stockport's joint worst with Tameside on 45 put Stockport onto 11, 598

So Trafford took 10 off Stockport's overall Pop Score lead in one go to make it just 96.

These are the two lowest overall Pop scores in GM.

Tameside rise of 45 took it to 12, 829 .

Bury up 34 to 13, 757.

Rochdale even better up 30 to 14, 402

Salford had a less good day but still behind Stockport and Tameside - up 41 to 14, 510..

And Wigan up 39 to 13, 837

But top of the tree was Bolton - up just 20 - lowest Pop Score rise in GM in a month. Now on 14, 174

Or another way to look at it Stockport's 133 and Tameside's 102 case numbers today were more than twice as bad as Bolton's score of 58 when you factor in the local population.

I'll be visiting from the US in a few weeks. I had both jabs last spring, but will need to get the 2 day test when I arrive in Manchester. Any recommendations for getting tested. I will be staying at the Piccadilly Premier Inn and won't have a car, so looking for something easy to get to. This is all assuming there are no new restrictions between now and September 15. TIA!

I'll be visiting from the US in a few weeks. I had both jabs last spring, but will need to get the 2 day test when I arrive in Manchester. Any recommendations for getting tested. I will be staying at the Piccadilly Premier Inn and won't have a car, so looking for something easy to get to. This is all assuming there are no new restrictions between now and September 15. TIA!
I walked past this place the other day which does same day results, but it’ll cost you.

I walked past this place the other day which does same day results, but it’ll cost you.

Thanks! Pricey, but convenient. Much appreciated.

I wonder what November is going to look like infections/deaths wise? Schools back and flu season has arrived, lots more mixing indoors, reports of immunity waning and booster jabs needed. What number of deaths a day will make the government think about a lockdown and will we even get to that stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.