Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lockdown won't happen with Delta.
There is no longer a willingness of a sufficient percentage of the population to participate.
In a post caccinatiom world, cases are only a guidence for expected hospitalisations and deaths.
Only vaccination will reduce numbers and sadly too many don't want the jab.
Obviously they can force pubs etc to shut and if they do that, then there won't be a choice but to conform.

As for any other restrictions though they can get fucked. Any more of that "stay in your local area" blah blah blah can get in the bin, I won't be doing any of it and neither will 90% of people. We've had our vaccines, time to just move on.

I say this with the caveat that I don't believe for a second the government have any appetite to do any of this, and I wouldn't believe a word of anything I read in the 'I'. Remember when the Independent used to be a real newspaper?

Yes, I'm very sure of that.

"One long holiday"...get your head out of your arse.
Hes right to a point im afraid. Ive worked in more than a few houses where they are enjoying life on furlough. Dont want to go back to work.
one or two even half admitting that theyve delayed going back to work as they “dont feel safe” , said with a wink.

its not loads, but its enough for me to take notice

Too many don’t want the jab?

We’re at 89% of the adult population having had their first dose.

It’s an amazing number far bigger than I thought we’d hit.
Better than that in older age groups but much less than that in U35s 70% or so. Sadly with Delta, that has some break out from vaccination, that is too many to bring case numbers down to low enough levels.

You do realise nobody chose to be on furlough? And for many of those who were, as well as dealing with the pandemic they had to deal with the mental health pressure of having potential redundancy loom over the heads for months and months on end.
And then potential redundancy soon turning into actual redundancy after transferring the work abroad. That was the reality of furlough in my experience.

And then potential redundancy soon turning into actual redundancy after transferring the work abroad. That was the reality of furlough in my experience.
Sorry to hear that - hope you managed to find a new job.

I work in the music / entertainment / events sector. I know a lot of people who have lost their jobs and moved onto other industries. Lots of them were on furlough, including myself for a bit. None of them were "on holiday", but all were terrified about how they were going to feed their families.

SCOTLAND DATA

16 deaths - was 7 last week - big rise here

5692 cases - was 6029 last week - a small fall is good

13.2% positivity - was 14.9% last week - a decent drop is also good

805 patients - up 34 on yesterday - was 585 last week - still rising upwards

77 ventilated icu - up 6 on yesterday - was 54 last week - nearly a 50% rise in these numbers is sarting to show the legacy of weeks of big cases in the hospital numbers.

I work in the music / entertainment / events sector. I know a lot of people who have lost their jobs and moved onto other industries. Lots of them were on furlough, including myself for a bit. None of them were "on holiday", but all were terrified about how they were going to feed their families.
Had a few redundancies now and hardened up to it. Soon got another job. Thanks.

NORTHERN IRELAND DATA

7 deaths - was 6 last week

1748 cases - was 1313 last week

7.1% positivity - was 7.3% last week

10, 316 weekly cases - was 10, 024 yesterday & 10, 620 last week

131 Care Home outbreaks - was 134 yesterday & 135 last week

434 patients - was 407 yesterday & 391 last week - these are starting to rise now

35 ventilated - down 1 on yesterday - was 32 last week

Its a bit late now as its coming to an end but a mate of mine lost his job just before all this kicked off, he started his own company during lockdown and trained himself up into an entirely new industry. If you were doing official training then Furlough was 100% salary, a salary which he had set ( a reasonable figure but I guess some will have abused this ) due to being in a start up business.

Its a shame the training side wasn't advertised as much. companies could have entirely invigorated there staff skill sets while furloughed.

WEEKLY CASES BY AGE NORTHERN IRELAND

0 - 19 (3916) 38.0%

20 - 39 (2823) 27.4%

40 - 59 (2388) 22.7%

60 - 79 (952) 9.2%

80 PLUS (286) 2.7%

The gap between the under 20s is growing daily By far now the biggest numbers catching Covid are children and teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.