Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bit late now as its coming to an end but a mate of mine lost his job just before all this kicked off, he started his own company during lockdown and trained himself up into an entirely new industry. If you were doing official training then Furlough was 100% salary, a salary which he had set ( a reasonable figure but I guess some will have abused this ) due to being in a start up business.

Its a shame the training side wasn't advertised as much. companies could have entirely invigorated there staff skill sets while furloughed.
While to their credit I do think the government - Sunak in particular - got more right than wrong with the furlough scheme, I agree that a lot of elements such as the training schemes weren't advertised properly. And particularly, the self employed / freelancers were thrown to the wolves to an extent.

So the total deaths with England out of hospital to come today is 208.

The total after out of hospital add ons last week was 207 (on Wednesday - the fairer comparison because of the Bank Holiday delay)

Likely to be a new high since last Winter today.

And the three nation cases total with England to add is:- 9944

Last week at this stage it was 11,214 (though that was with the double day Welsh numbers)

England added just 20, 967 to total 32, 181

This was the lowest England total in some weeks.

Yesterday England added 27, 202 to the UK total of 41, 192

So we are likely to have another number around 40K today presumably.

We will see.

So the total deaths with England out of hospital to come today is 208.

The total after out of hospital add ons last week was 207 (on Wednesday - the fairer comparison because of the Bank Holiday delay)

Likely to be a new high since last Winter today.
Hope more treatments arrive soon

It's a lot more about the psychology of not liking being told to do something that actual concerns with the vaccine behind most anti Vax sentiment imho.
I think you have hit the nail on the head for a lot of people refusing it,, then different reasons are used in their arguments for not having it.. Shame some on here want them dead tho

The week to week rise was modest. It is always the highest on Tuesdays because of the weekend catch up due to lack of registration.

The total week to week numbers in England hospital deaths may yet finish lower than last week. Indeed the first five days of the current weekly 5 day total - at 350 is exactly the same as the first 5 days last week.

There is no big increase in death numbers as yet.

The highest number of deaths on any single day - August 24 - is on 85.

Last edited:
It's a lot more about the psychology of not liking being told to do something that actual concerns with the vaccine behind most anti Vax sentiment imho.

They must struggle in life then as being part of a society involves being told what you can and cannot do.

I cannot help but think some people get round to making this point after the anti vaccine (and often anti mask) arguments they espouse, often based on nonsense they read on Facebook, have been exposed to be weak.

I am also not sure how this explains the significant and stark differences of vaccine take-up by age.

Hes right to a point im afraid. Ive worked in more than a few houses where they are enjoying life on furlough. Dont want to go back to work.
one or two even half admitting that theyve delayed going back to work as they “dont feel safe” , said with a wink.

its not loads, but its enough for me to take notice

I would guess that a few are taking on other jobs at the same time, making significantly more money. I know of a handful.

Do you think that it is still experimental?

We know that complete lock down works but other than that different theories from the scientific experts seem to be selected by our decision makers to try out.

What happened to safety first?
Safety first? Don’t get in your car, you’ll never crash. Don’t drink booze, eat bad food or smoke and there’s a very good chance cancer won‘t get you.

As for lockdowns, we know that complete lockdown probably moves the peak of the virus further into the future. We also know they cause economic devastation which will only manifest itself in years of ill health to come. Now, if we were fighting a single disease with a huge mortality rate that, following lockdown would be over with, they might be a good idea, but only if that was the single Public Health issue we had to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.